Jurys Inn Plymouth
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
2,770 results
All reviewscar parkgala bingoshopping centredrakes circuscentral locationbuffet breakfastreception staffvery pleasant stayshort staystayed for one nightwould stay againexcellent value for moneycomfy bedbarbican areaparkingstaplesuniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Does the job, no more no less. Pretty spartan rooms/hotel. Friendly staff. Wifi wayyy overpriced. Breakfast wasn't that great. Options limited. Slept ok...pillows and bed aren't that comfortable though. I'd give it a 3.5/5.

• Stayed: July 2013
Rohan P, Manager at Jurys Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Ben,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Jurys Inn Plymouth.

I am glad that you found our staff friendly, I am sorry to hear that you did not feel the pillow and bed that comfortable. The Wi-Fi is chargeable; however you can get one hour free Wi-Fi on the purchase of food or drink and the voucher for that can be obtained from reception.

Once again thank you for reviewing Jurys Inn Plymouth and If you like to discuss your stay in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me on rohan_patel@jurysinns.com.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because I had an early business meeting in Plymouth and didn't fancy the 4 hour drive! As soon as I arrived I was greeted by a very lovely young man on reception (James) who was very helpful and polite through out my whole stay, all the staff were very keen to help but extra credit had to go to James!

I got to my room which was of a good size and thankfully had a very strong working air con as the weather in Plymouth this day was scorching. The bed was comfortable but did have a stain on the bed runner.

The hotel is very well located with the main shopping centre almost next door to the hotel and only a 5 minute walk to the city centre.

The only thing I would say is that myself and my husband like to keep in contact with facetime as the wi-fi was charged at £10 per 24hours but when I explained this I was kindly given an hours complimentary by James which was a lovely touch.

I did not dine in the hotel for the evening so could not give my opinion but I did have breakfast which too be honest wasn't the best quality but I couldn't help but feel it mat have been better had it not have been jam packed! I believe there was tour groups all eating at once!

All in all I would stay again in Jurys Inn Plymouth as it did exceed my expectations for a budget hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Linda D
Rohan P, Manager at Jurys Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Linda,

Thank you very much for taking time to review your recent stay at Jurys Inn Plymouth.

I am really glad that we have managed to exceed your expectation. I will certainly pass your feedback to James who you felt was very helpful as all other staff.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you again in future.

Regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a nice sized room with two twin beds and a double bed. Since our grandson slept on a roll away in a different hotel the night before, he enjoyed the comfortable bed. With three of us in the room, the extra bed was convenient for the extra suitcases. There was good water pressure in the shower. We found the staff helpful and courteous. The breakfast was the usual fare but it was good. A major improvement would be to offer free wifi since our means of communicating with family was by email and Face Time.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Grandmoose
Rohan P, Manager at Jurys Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking time to review Jurys Inn Plymouth.

I am really glad that you enjoyed our large, clean and comfortable bedroom. I am really happy that you found our staff helpful and courteous. There is one hour free Wi-Fi available on the purchase of food or drink for which voucher can be obtained from our reception.

I do hope the information does help for your future stay with us and we do hope to welcome you again in future.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel back in March and was very pleased with not only the service but the breakfast we has there in the morning. It was scrummy! Beds are nice & comfy offering a great nights sleep. Great location with the shops just across the road and it being near to the bars and restaurants.

I also stayed at the Jurys Inn In Southampton a few weeks back and again the service was brilliant and the evening meal we had was lovely.

Highly recommend this hotel chain to anyone wanting a decent priced hotel with great service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TorpointTotty
Rohan P, Manager at Jurys Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to review your stay with Jurys Inn Plymouth.

I am really happy that you had a very pleasant stay and you really enjoyed our scrummy breakfast! I am also glad we met your expectation with service you received at hotel. I will ensure your feedback is passed to the team at Plymouth.

Once again thank you for We look forward to welcome you again in future.

Regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently and on the upside the room was very clean, the downside there is very little space to hang or store clothes. If you are staying just one night it is probably OK but we were staying for four nights.The rooms are very basic and the towels were the hardest towels I have ever used - very scratch. I didn't like the fact that our room looked straight out into the windows of a block of flats/apartments so we could see very clearly into the apartments and of course they could look straight into our bedroom - therefore we had to keep the curtains closed most of the time, and lighting in the room was not great. We didn't eat in the hotel so I can't comment on the food or breakfast. We had quite a wait to check in as there was only one receptionist on the front desk. We could not believe the hotel charges £5.00 an hour for Wi-Fi or £10 for 24 hrs which is much more reasonable but we were surprised as guests that we had to pay for Wi-Fi. The hotel is good in terms of access to the shops in Plymouth and the Barbican area. But the hotel is situated on a very busy road so it is noisy. We travel a lot and don't mind paying for a good quality hotel but in our opinion the hotel was overpriced and not good value for money. We used to stay at The Jury's hotels but they seem to have gone downhill. There is no car park at the hotel but there is a public car park near by so you have to pay for 24 hour parking and renew ticket each day - very complicated and there aren't that many spaces so you chance your luck for a space. The hotel advertises a gym, but they don't have a gym or fitness room, there is a gym next door and you would think the hotel might work in tandem with the gym next door in offering daily passes for guests but no, obviously in Plymouth businesses do not work together in supporting one another. We definitely would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Jurys Inn Plymouth.

I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectation on this occasion; however I am very glad that you found our bedroom very clean. On your next visit if you could contact our reception team , we will be able to allocate you the room with better viewing.

There is a one hour free Wi-Fi available on the purchase of food or beverage, for which the voucher can be obtained from reception. We do also have a fitness room available for all our guests within the hotel, again one of receptionist would be more than happy to advise if you need any help with that.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me on rohan_patel@jurysinns.com.