“Ok but I would not go back”
Review of Jurys Inn Plymouth

Jurys Inn Plymouth
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Unfortunatly the hotel have fallen over on basics the first problem was what I could only describe as a bogie on the back of the toilet door coupled with black hand marks. The tea spoon hand not been washed as it had tea lines on the handle then there was the curtain that every time I closed the curtains they came off the rail then there was the over flow drain in the bath room it was thick with black grease not been cleaned since I don't know when ? However the final nail in the coffin was that I had paid for a late check out to only be woken by a member I staff knocking on my door telling me it was time to check out which I informed him I have paid for late check out however when I went back to collect my stuff to check out at 1700 I had been locked out. Needless to say I won't be booking at a jury's in again !! The breakfast on the other hand was good

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Roamingronnir

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here for two nights whilst attending a conference at the nearby University. I obviously arrived at a peak time (6pm) as the check-in queue was out onto the street - this wasn't ideal as it was a freezing cold day and there were only two receptionists and a trainee on duty.

Anyway, my room was very clean, tidy and had a nice view of Charles Church. The bed was comfortable and the room was lovely and quiet. I was a little disappointed to find that only BBC channels seemed to work on the TV. In addition, there were no power outlets close to the bed so I had to charge my phone on the other side of the room (which isn't great when you want to lie in bed and fiddle around with your phone!) - that's a minor gripe though. Generally though, the room was fine - believe me, I've stayed in much worse!

I ate in the restaurant on the first night. It was a little slow to be seated and service was generally quite slow (but very friendly). Food was of a good standard.

Breakfast was a little disappointing. I arrived at 6.30am, asked for a table and the man on duty seemed genuinely surprised at my request - he had to check with another member of staff as to where I could sit. Very strange.

Breakfast was a reasonable buffet style. The 'hot' food was more lukewarm than hot and on both mornings I had to ask for knives to be provided.

All in all though, I had a hassle free stay and wouldn't mind staying here again.

One thing to note to the management - there was a group of workmen staying at the same time as me and they appeared to completely ignore the no-smoking policy (walking past their room in the evening was like walking into a pub in the 90s!)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank danielrclark
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have been unfortunate to stay here for the last 4 weeks as i am down in plymouth for 12 weeks. This week was the last straw. The bar team are good and Jack on reception is great. However the other reception team are awful. They seem to think their main job is standing trying to look pretty (and i mean really trying). The lack of urgency to attend to guests is incredible. It took me 15 to 20 mins calling down to reception for no one to answer. So i called from my mobile. As again no one was answering i thought while ringing i would walk down to reception to see what the problem was. I found two reception staff laughing with each other while their phone rang. No Guests around.

The Lady duty manager this morning came to talk to me as i wanted to see someone about my complaint. All i got was " Yes what do you want".

Other problems in this hotel include the poor food, Noise from the pubs and late night takeaways, Dirty rooms and housekeeping knocking on your door at 7.45am even when you have a Do Not Disturb sign on the door.

I will be spending the Extra £3 per night and be moving over to the much better 4* Hotel Holiday inn.

Room Tip: Chose a top floor so some of the road and party noise is cut down
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bvc876
Graham H, General Manager at Jurys Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and to apologise for the fact that you have not received the level of servcie that was expected.

All of your feedback has been taken on board and shared with the hotel management team at a recent management meeting. Following this meeting all managers have been tasked with reveiewing the procedures in their departments to ensure that incidents such as the ones described by you are eliminated.

I can assure you that we deal with all guest feedback in a robust manner and we hope that in the future you will feel that you can visit the hotel again.

Yours Sincerely

Graham Hole

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My partner wanted to do a cheap night in Plymouth before taking me on to Torquay for my birthday we stayed here fit £49 on a Friday night and this was for 3 people breakfast not included!
Staff where very friendly only a bit slow when coming to check in and check out leaving the desk in maned and no way of getting hold of anyone! The room itself was clean a tidy I would say slightly better than a travelodge but not as good as a holiday inn but I'm not complaining for the price It was, only fault with the room is after we had been out all day we wanted to come in and watch some tv but are tv must ave been on its way out as it kept cutting out and freezing which is highly annoying when your trying to relax!, but I would stay here again as for the locations it's right opposite drake circus parking was slightly dear at £10 for 24 hours (Charles cross)

1  Thank Nikita R
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here in April and got a very cheap rate for bed and breakfast. The location of the hotel is good for Drakes Circus, the centre and North Hill.

The rooms are basic, but as expected for the price. Breakfast has a good selection of warm food and a range of cereals to choose from. All in all, a good convenient stay!

Only downside might be if you were looking for somewhere to park your car as there is no free car park available.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times,most recently in early April 2013 and for an affordable room, in a convenient location this does the trick.

The staff are fine (for example they let me check in early which was a great help - in some places you will be charged for that), and by and large everything is clean and tidy. (There was a mysterious stain on the wall of the bathroom, but aside from that).

The worst aspect is the parking. There are car parks nearby, but some have restrictions on how long you can stay, plus it entails hauling your luggage around or parking in the bus lane outside the hotel while you unload.

To sum it up, I would say if you can get a cheap room, you will find it to be comfortable and clean, but it's not going to rock your world.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

this was my first experience in a Jurys Inn and while i would stay again, unless it was a particularly good deal i would rather stay in a Premier Inn

the location of this Jury's Inn is excellent for the city centre. They have no car park but you can park in the mall car park overnight for about £10. this does mean that you have to drag your luggage across the road but that isnt the end of the world. Tip....going through Primark is not quicker..........

The room was clean and comfortable, the beds were actually very comfortable and we had two of them which was nice! the bathroom isn't the best though. it was very dark, the only light being over the mirror on the sink....so when you shut the door you could hardly see anything. this isnt a problem if you can leave the door open but as the toilet is directly behind it you have to close the door to get to it. make sure you locate the loo roll first...........

if we stayed here again we wouldnt have the breakfast. it may have been there a while but it was very dried out...bit like eating cardboard.

if you are just looking for a place to crash for the night that is comfortable and close to the city center it is ideal. if you are expecting a bit more from a hotel, maybe best to find somewhere else!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends