“very good place for xmas functions”

Future Inn Plymouth
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“very good place for xmas functions”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

i would like to say that i and had a very good xmas meal with excellent service from the staff at this venue for or works xmas evening on the 8th dec, i would recommend that you try this venue. p.s. i have been to a wedding reception in the past at this venue and it was still the same eecellent service.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
PlymouthManager, Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at your christmas party on Sunday 8th December. I have passed your comments on to both my food & beverage team and chefs. It is always good to receive positive comments and once again thank you for your kind feedback with is invaluable to us as we strive to give the best service possible.

I hope to see you again soon

Food & Beverage Manager - Fishbone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed in the Future Inn on business and found it to have most of the requirements and more that I would expect.

The rooms are large and modern with a good choice of TV channels and movies etc.The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was spacious, modern and came available with complimentary items such as shampoo etc.

The restaurant again was very good and had a good choice of food at a reasonable price. Breakfast wasnt fantastic but it was fine and par for the course via a business type setting,

The hotel has free wifi and a very small fitness suite that has limited equipment and all cardio (I wish they would add some free weights or even elastic's (if they are concerned about the noise)
Plenty of parking is available.

Overall a good experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
We are grateful for your kind comments regarding the quality of your room and the restaurant.
Your comments regarding the fitness suite have been passed on to our management team for their consideration.
We hope you choose Future Inn Plymouth when you next visit the area.
Plymouth
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I attended a Christmas work do at the Future Inn on Friday and I have to comment on the poor quality of service and food. Firstly when we were called into the room for dinner there was a group sat at our table drinking the wine that we had ordered and paid for ! Secondly our group was split on to two tables when we had asked for one large table when booking. Then to compound matters the staff member in charge was reluctant to ask the other group to move from our table and expected our group to occupy 2 tables at opposite ends of the room. We refused and eventually were seated on adjacent tables. The food can only be described as a bleak reminder of school dinners. The starters were ok but the mains I'm afraid had clearly been plated well in advance and pinged. All of the veg was well overcooked and a horrible browny colour, my roast beef consisted of one thin slice of overcooked beef and the roast potatoes had all shrunk back and were soft. The real star of the meal through was the Christmas pudding. This was artfully arranged in 3 triangular pieces on the plate but had the consistency of concrete and was that bad it actually stuck to the plate ! We called the waitress over and 3 of us were able to turn the plates upside down without losing any of our pudding. It was also a nice touch that the plating up room door was left open with the light on so that we could all see the large sheet on the floor covered in food every time we paid a trip to the toilet or bar ! Finally, the disco was decidely below average, the speakers crackled and fizzed and the poor DJ who I believe was a last minute replacement struggled to keep things going. All in all it smacked of a chain hotel taking advantage of the festive period and supplying a distinctively below average experience. In contrast we attended my work do at the Eliot House Hotel in Liskeard the following evening and were treated to freshly cooked quality food, considerably lower bar prices and a decent disco, all for a £1 less. It just goes to show that it can be done.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Future Inn. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations on this occasion in particular the quality of your main course, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Please let me assure you that this is not a true reflection of the high standards upon which Future Inns prides itself.

In the meantime I will share your feedback with my team and use your comments as a training tool so that this does not happen to our future guests.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring these matters to our attention and I would like to reiterate that your feedback is invaluable in our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We came to a Christmas party on sunday 8th of dec , what a night we had . We ALL thoroughly enjoyed ourselves , the food was beautiful tasting , very hot and well presented . The waitress where very attentive , friendly and was even joining in with the xmas spirit , nothing was to much trouble for them , it was quite a big party they where catering for , therefore I felt I needed to write something ,as I use to be in the hospitality trade myself and it aint easy .After the meal we moved in to another room for our party , good DJ and good service at the bar with a great selection of drinks . Well done ALL the staff that made our xmas party one we wont forget .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

I hope to see you again soon

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed in the Future Inn for a weekend to take a disabled relative to a family function, and it advertised ‘accessible rooms’.

As corporate hotels go it was fine: we found the rooms spacious and comfortable, with good (if bouncy) beds. The windows open, the heating/air-con is reasonable quiet, the breakfast buffet is fine if unexciting, the restaurant quite good (but avoid the risotto), with £10 offers if you eat before 7.00 pm. But why do they only provide one bedside table? Are we not both allowed a clock, book and a cup of tea by our bedside?

The accessible room was similar, and mostly well thought out, but with a few glaring oversights:
• The telephone was the far side of the room from the bed, and wouldn’t move (except see below). How crazy is that? A phone by the bed is handy for everyone, but for a disabled guest surely a necessity.
• The bathroom light switch is inaccessible behind the bathroom door as soon as the door is opened
• The handrail beside the toilet had apparently not been maintained, and absolutely would not come down
• No room service till 10:00 am – so no breakfast in the room
• The marble threshold on entry to the room seemed an unnecessary obstruction – it stopped the wheelchair dead every time
• The main reception desk did have a lower section for wheelchair users – but it had been completely filled up with newspapers and brochure stands, the booking computers were all right up the far end of the desk from it, and the receptionist was very reluctant to come down to speak to her disabled customer – even though he was paying. That is not ‘access’.

On the plus side, most of the staff were excellent – friendly, positive and with a default ‘yes’. So when they admitted that on a Saturday evening they couldn’t do anything about the telephone, they were happy for me to unravel its lead from its cable ties and trail it across the room so that it nearly reached the bed. Fortunately I can crawl under furniture.

I have since raised the access points with the manager, who has replied and says he is addressing the telephone problem, and checking maintenance issues – so one up to them for that.

Would I recommend it? For convenience and space yes. For a holiday – only if you enjoy the corporate style. For a disabled visitor – well, you’d better be accompanied by someone able-bodied. It would get more stars if the ‘accessible rooms’ were actually accessible.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
We are pleased you found the the staff pleasant and helpful, and the rooms comfortable.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the feedback regarding our accessible rooms. As discussed with you, we are taking much of your feedback on board to improve the rooms for future visitors.
We hope that next time you visit Plymouth you stay with us again.
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We didn't stay at the hotel, but the future inn was the chosen location for our xmas party. The room looked lovely, everything seemed very organised & quite promising....until the food came out.

Pate was curling at the edges like it had been plated that morning, & the soup was like the juice drained from a can of tinned tomatoes. We then waited an hour for mains which were frankly not worth the wait. Broccoli & cauliflower that were both dark brown in colour with the consistency of baby food by the time it arrived, beef which you could have made shoes from, or dry turkey bits. (Mostly skin)...there were no 'slices' to be seen on or near our table. Roast spuds with a pubic hair; disgusting. Followed by dessert which took nearly another hour, and similarly to the starters, looked like they'd been plated that morning.

Tables did complain and received free wine; we suspected it was from their cellar of 'apology' wine which really would have been a great salad dressing.

I suspect 95% of those there last night were extremely disappointed, will not be returning & absolutely wont be recommending!

• Stayed December 2013
PlymouthManager, Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Future Inn. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations on this occasion in particular the length service during your Christmas meal and the quality of your meal, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Please let me assure you that this is not a true reflection of the high standards upon which Future Inns prides itself.

I will be contacting the main organizer of this event and I will pass your comments on to her, I did check with her on the night of the event and she was happy with how the evening was going, she even sent an email to say how happy she and her guests were on the night.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I booked a room to stay over for a wedding. The wedding was fabulous, the room was excellent, the food was TERRIBLE. The hotel knew the amount of people for the wedding, so the standard of food cannot be excused. It has to be the worst wedding food I've ever tasted and I know every single person at my table of 8 thought the same.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to Future Inn Plymouth.
Firstly, I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the standard of your room. We are pleased that you found the room to be comfortable.
I would like to apologise for the issues you encountered with the food at the wedding you attended. We strive to offer a high quality of food, and I am sorry that on this occasion you do not feel we offered that.
I would be grateful if you could provide us with more information regarding the issues you encountered, so that we can look into ensuring the problems do not occur again. Please could you email myself with these details on carthur@futureinns.co.uk
I hope these issues do not deter you from visiting us again soon.