“How to ruin the Christmas spirit!”

Future Inn Plymouth
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth
“How to ruin the Christmas spirit!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We didn't stay at the hotel, but the future inn was the chosen location for our xmas party. The room looked lovely, everything seemed very organised & quite promising....until the food came out.

Pate was curling at the edges like it had been plated that morning, & the soup was like the juice drained from a can of tinned tomatoes. We then waited an hour for mains which were frankly not worth the wait. Broccoli & cauliflower that were both dark brown in colour with the consistency of baby food by the time it arrived, beef which you could have made shoes from, or dry turkey bits. (Mostly skin)...there were no 'slices' to be seen on or near our table. Roast spuds with a pubic hair; disgusting. Followed by dessert which took nearly another hour, and similarly to the starters, looked like they'd been plated that morning.

Tables did complain and received free wine; we suspected it was from their cellar of 'apology' wine which really would have been a great salad dressing.

I suspect 95% of those there last night were extremely disappointed, will not be returning & absolutely wont be recommending!

• Stayed December 2013
PlymouthManager, Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Future Inn. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations on this occasion in particular the length service during your Christmas meal and the quality of your meal, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Please let me assure you that this is not a true reflection of the high standards upon which Future Inns prides itself.

I will be contacting the main organizer of this event and I will pass your comments on to her, I did check with her on the night of the event and she was happy with how the evening was going, she even sent an email to say how happy she and her guests were on the night.

In the meantime I will share your feedback with my team and use your comments as a training tool so that this does not happen to our future guests.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring these matters to our attention and I would like to reiterate that your feedback is invaluable in our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services.

Antony Hayman
Food & Beverage Manager - Fishbone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I booked a room to stay over for a wedding. The wedding was fabulous, the room was excellent, the food was TERRIBLE. The hotel knew the amount of people for the wedding, so the standard of food cannot be excused. It has to be the worst wedding food I've ever tasted and I know every single person at my table of 8 thought the same.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to Future Inn Plymouth.
Firstly, I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the standard of your room. We are pleased that you found the room to be comfortable.
I would like to apologise for the issues you encountered with the food at the wedding you attended. We strive to offer a high quality of food, and I am sorry that on this occasion you do not feel we offered that.
I would be grateful if you could provide us with more information regarding the issues you encountered, so that we can look into ensuring the problems do not occur again. Please could you email myself with these details on carthur@futureinns.co.uk
I hope these issues do not deter you from visiting us again soon.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights the staff are really helpful we were bed and breakfast and we could not fault anything the breakfast was lovely plenty of choice and we ate there in the evenings the food was lovely and the bar and restaurant staff could not do enough for us they were brilliant we will be going back next year for longer

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and it's food, and that you found the staff attentive and helpful.
We look forward to your visit next year.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting a family member in hospital, reception staff very friendly, rooms very modern and clean overall happy.
Would like to give the restaurant a special mention as I thoroughly enjoyed my experience there. This to me was a surprise as I had been reading the poor reviews prior to my stay about the restaurant so was a bit nervous but I thought i'm going to be the judge of this. I had dinner on two occasions where when I entered the restaurant I was meted and greeted by the staff, I chose to eat from the early bird menu, my first meal being the ribs and the meat just fell off the bone I also tried the cod and chips which was a very nice portion size, both meals were very hot and were both delivered to me in good time and presented excellent!! I felt very comfortable in this restaurant and staff were exceptionally friendly, polite and attentive.
I don't usually write review but I felt I needed to correct a few reviews on here and would definatly recommend eating and staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
We are pleased to hear you found your room pleasant and staff friendly.
I am especially happy to hear you enjoyed your experience in the Fishbone restaurant. We have made strides in correcting the issues raised in the reviews, and it is great to hear that you agree.
I will pass your comments on to our food & beverage manager, who will pass on the praise to both the chefs and the serving staff.
We hope to see you again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

stayed for 2 nights for a family wedding which was also held at the hotel. Rooms were well equipped , warm, and comfortable , standard rooms either had 2 queen sized double beds or a bed and a settee. Well nose proofed as we were over the wedding reception room on the first floor and couldn't hear any noise . Gym on the the first floor appeared t be clean & well equipped although we didn't have time to use it. We didn't eat the the restaurant but several of our party were disappointed with the service and quality of food although the wedding meal was served promptly with a smile ,and of reasonable quality for a large catered event

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank willow20
Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to Future Inn Plymouth.
I am pleased to hear that you found both your rooms and our facilities to be pleasant.
We pride ourselves on having a very friendly team, and it is great to hear that you experienced the friendly service we offer.
We hope you enjoyed the wedding, and hope to see you again soon.
Launceston, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We chose the Future inn because of the location and although we only stayed for one night we were really pleased with the Hotel and staff,the room was very spacious it had everything you
needed very clean and tidy also their was plenty of free parking on site, we will be back

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ken B
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
We are very grateful for the kind words regarding the standard of our rooms and the professional manner of our staff.
If you wish to return, we would recommend signing up to our Future Club Rewards scheme, just check our website or ask a member of our team for more details.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for the second time in the last few months when visiting our son at university. Room was very comfortable and clean. Very large with two double beds!! Staff helpful .Wifi excellent. Shower powerful and tea /coffee well stocked.

Will stay again !!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Martina P
PlymouthManager, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent review.
It is great to read your kind words regarding our rooms and facilities.
We hope next time you visit your son you choose Future Inn Plymouth again.