Read reviews on The Future Inn and they were consistently good, and I can see why.
What I wanted for this trip.
1. Cleanliness and room comfort.
2. Onsite parking.
3. Good location.
This hotel was spotlessly clean in both the room and all the public areas. It is new so I very much hope that they keep this up. My room had 2 queen beds which were beautiful to sleep in and the air con ensured a very good nights sleep. Despite the fact that my room overlooked a main road I could hear no traffic noise whatsoever. For me what I loved was the excellent amount of parking that this hotel has. No fighting for a space when returning late or even worse having to park in a public car park and walk back to the hotel like some of the Plymouth hotels offer. An awful thought. The Future Inn is perfectly placed for ease of access to the city centre or a short distance away is the Park and Ride at Home Park if you don't want to negotiate the city traffic. It is also convenient for Dartmoor as well, again only a short drive away.
After reading the Fishbone Restaurant reviews, the hotel restaurant, I was sceptical about using it, but on my last evening I was too tired to dine elsewhere, and to be honest was fairly pleasantly surprised. The service was efficient and friendly and the food tasty. It was a pretty standard menu but my lamb shank was fine. Just check what your meal comes with though because they did have a full rack of ribs on the menu but unlike anywhere else I've ever been to this did not appear to come with fries. These had to be ordered as an additional item. That's just a small picky point though.
I used the internet connection in the lobby on my laptop, and it was fast enough to be able to upload photos and publish them online which was all that I needed.
This hotel is suitable for business or leisure travellers. A great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Future Inn Plymouth boasts 143, spacious, air-conditioned en-suite bedrooms equipped with all the modern convenient amenities you would expect of a quality upscale hotel with exceptional value for money. Future Inn Plymouth is in the perfect location for both business and leisure travelers to Devon and Cornwall. Dartmoor National Park, Plymouth City Centre, Plymouth Hoe, Historic Barbican, Sea Front, Fish Market, National Marine Aquarium, Plymouth Dome and the Theatre Royal are all within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Future Inn Plymouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Future Inn Plymouth Hotel Plymouth
- Future Hotel Plymouth
- Plymouth Future Hotel