“Terrible”
Review of Home Park Homestay

Home Park Homestay
Ranked #71 of 79 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Worst place i have ever stayed, i had to endure 5 nights for working there, room on ground floor near reception, room was cleaned on the first day then that was it, no clean towels, bin not emptied, the mattress was just awful all the springs were poking through the material, there was a mains socket with no cover on it and wires hanging out, the floor was rotten with damp underneath, right outside my door was the main exit for the rear of the hotel which the staff kept opening all night (in winter!) letting in a freezing cold wind through the inch gap at bottom of my door, had to ask for milk to make cup of tea, then after four days of no room cleaning, towels etc the owner knocked on my door asking to borrow my iphone 5 charger!!
My room was very noisy and people mistake it for reception door so random people trying to get into my room so had it locked all the time, the staff were talking to people at 2 or 3am in the morning very loud waking me up,
Place is just a disaster,
Also its haunted by a small girl and also the spirit of an old lady who is angry with the owner for letting her hotel go to complete ruin,
Such a relief to get away,

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed at the St Rita Hotel about 4 years ago and it was fine, however this trip wasn,t, the shower in our room had no hot water, we were given no hand towels[ until we requested some] and as the shared toilet had no hand drying facilities these were needed .The tv was on a bracket above the sink with wires dangling down and the freeview box was balanced on the top of the shower wall about 12 ins. from the shower head, we took photo,s of this. On our last night we had rain dripping from a leak about a foot from the bed .we also took photo,s of this Although we mentioned the problems nothing was done. No fruit juice was provided at breakfast, on the last morning we ordered
a full English breakfast which came without the brown bread and sausage that we had asked for and was told would be provided.

Room Tip: Rooms facing road very noisy because of heavy traffic, cannot comment on other rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed here In November. Shocking!! Faulty towers would go been a better option! Dirty, mouldy Ill fitting blinds and curtains. Old mattresses fit for the tip. Ceiling had a leak at some point in bedroom, just been left. The place was a filthy hovel. 2 foreign staff, friendly WHEN you saw them. Breakfast cold and sparse, 6 for breakfast but came out in 2's 10 minutes apart. No offer of coffee. Wouldn't of stayed here had I not of been travelling 6 hours and arrived so late at night. Avoid like the plague!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Florenceflossy
Reviewed November 30, 2013

As a family of 6 we stayed at this hotel to attend my sons passing out parade at HMS Raleigh only a couple of miles away so seemed a perfect choice geographically! This I'm afraid was the hotels only redeeming feature!!!!

We arrived around 22.00 on Thurs and were hoping for a welcoming and comfortable room after 6 hours on the road! I was a bit stuck for words by what I was seeing! Run- down is really an understatement!
# Frayed carpets,
# mouldy curtains
#plaster off the ceiling
# wonky floorboards that moved under your weight.
# no door handle to the bathroom
#bedroom door did not close
#springs felt on mattress
#some kind of pump in bathroom that was soooo loud after loo flush or water usage
#traffic noise as windows were ill-fitted
The list could go on!!!!

I felt so unclean staying at this hotel and did not want to use the towel after showering! I am relieved that I took a pillow from home otherwise I would not have been able to lay my head down all night!

When it came to breakfast the next morning the dining room looked like it belonged to a different hotel as it was quite pleasing to look at but I was unable to eat the breakfast as I was already put off by the standard of the hotel!!!

The 2 waiters although very polite, did not seem to have a clue! There was 6 at our table and the breakfasts arrived in 2's! The chef needed a good scrub!

another point to make is that there was no fire plan in place and oil was leaking from the fire door! Don't think you would get out in the event of a fire in the middle of the night unless you were on the ground floor! Not sure how it passed the inspection!!

Well I am not sure what else to say other than avoid this place at all costs or stay at your peril! The worst place I have ever stayed EVER!!

Cannot give a single star

Room Tip: Definitely do not choose 10 or 11 if you do have to stay here! Fails on every level
Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank yummiemummie41
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The staff at saint rita are just brilliant. Even though they were fully booked they went all out to ensure we still had a bed to sleep in. Could not fault the room, the service or anything about this hotel. Such good competitive prices & would highly recommend. We will definately be back!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed September 18, 2013

3 days of PPE (personal protective equipment) was worn at at all times. when you get to room 4, prepare to find your TV in the shower that has no hot water. free-view box in wash basin hot tap dont work and a weird sofa blocking your way to a bed that you don't want to sleep in. i wore my hard hat, safety goggles, gloves, high viz jacket, dust mask, steel toe boots, and my breathing apparatus. as that room is only fit for the owners. approach this hotel with CAUTION! toxic corrosive hazardous irritant harmful explosive.

Room Tip: bring a tent
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Arrived after we finished a coast to coast cycle ride and were met by a friendly and helpful young lad. Our room was pretty tired but it was cheap and you get what you pay for (and they had arranged our milk cartons in a very uniform triangle on the tea tray).

Our troubles started the next morning however when we came out for breakfast at eight, having been told that they served from seven to nine, and found the dining room locked and the place deserted. As we had paid an extra eleven pounds for two breakfasts this was pretty annoying, but a bigger problem was that we had our bikes locked up in their yard and a train to catch. Tried ringing the bell on the desk, the bell outside and banging on the staff door but there was no response. Considered trying the fire alarm but thought better of it. In the end my husband had to climb out of our bedroom window to access to the locked-from-the-inside yard. We were lucky we had a ground floor room or we may still be there.

Sent an email to the hotel outlining our concerns with their level of service and am still awaiting a response.

Overall, I would stay don't stay here. Or if you do, bring your own breakfast and possibly a ladder.

• Stayed: August 2013