“Finally fantastic fish in Plymouth”
Review of Rockfish

Rockfish
Ranked #91 of 791 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Before we had even looked at our menus properly my husband and I were discussing when we could come here again! Everything about it is spot on, price, decor, service, taste and choice of food and the ambiance. The experience of eating them starts well before you sit down you're asked whether you'd like some FREE sparkling or still water. Save room for the puddings they are wonderful!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,471)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We visit Rockfish every six weeks or so and I have to say the standard of food here is very good indeed - one of those places where you don't get a bad meal. The service is excellent and polite. The range of drinks is wide enough to suit everyone. I only have one criticism - this time I noticed that £1 was added to my bill in aid of the National Marine Aquarium. When I receive good service I like to reward the staff. If there is a collection box on the counter for a charity or organisation and I feel like supporting the cause then I will give to it at my discretion. Rockfish - please don't add extras to the bill.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is the first restaurant my husband and I ate at when we moved to Plymouth. It didn't disappoint for a good fish and chips lunch. It was a but expensive given there are other places to eat but the staff were friendly and the food was great. Would go back for a nice meal out.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Very good selection of fish and seafood dishes, very nicely cooked. The batter is very light and crunchy and the portions are plentiful.
The restaurant is modern and buzzy and in a great location by the harbour. the staff are young, friendly and helpful.
A great informal night out.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great restaurant with a relaxed feel.
The choice of fish is excellent and you can't get much fresher, battered, grilled fried the choice is yours and if you want more chips you get them free. Try the pickled onion rings, they are the best.

Good choice of wine and beers.
Right next to Sutton Harbour and the Barbican.

Been to Rockfish? Share your experiences!