“Real Fish and Chips!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Came for a family Birthday celebration. It was excellent. I had the haddock and chips and it was delicious. Obviously a little more pricey than your standard fish and chips, but definitely worth it for the high quality. Would highly recommend

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The meal was very good - fresh and plentiful. Downside was service in that we had to ask for a menu a fork and glass was missing from the table setting - once highlighted staff were friendly and responsive but it was annoying having to ask

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This restaurant is well worth a visit. Very clean, light and warm. The whole decor was first class and on a cold wet day the log burning stove added to the ambience. The fish was exception, fresh and beautifully served with their own unique Tartare sauce. A lovely touch was the message on the place mats which read if you want more chips just ask, they are free. The chips were cooked to perfection and tasted lovely and the serving portion was just right, I couldn't have eaten one more chip. One of the best fish restaurants that I ever had the pleasure to visit.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband were looking for somewhere to eat this Sunday, as I'm a celiac this always proves difficult!
However we spotted Rockfish from the barbican & after looking at some reviews on here decided to try it.
I was pleasantly surprised when I asked if they did gluten free to find out I had not only this option but also they could do my food to order & for the first time in over 10yrs I had Resturant brought scampi & chips, not only was the service & atmosphere fantastic the food was amazing!
I can not recommend here enough, my husband isn't a celiac and he also enjoyed his normal fish & chips just as much!
As the over excitement of being able to sit & eat with him is very rare!! Thank you to all the staff there ;-)

1  Thank Michellemarie100
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Saturday night and if you do not fancy cooking then the Rockfish is the plaice for you to try.

Situated just across the barbican lock gates next to the aquarium this restaurant/takeaway serves truly delicious fish and chips along with many other seafood dishes.

We arrived around 18:00, service was excellent, complimentary bottled water, large fish and chips, along with a regular and a takeaway, two mushy peas and some of their new pickles for just over £33.

In addition for those with large appetite if you want more chips just ask and you will receive.

Would most definitely recommend and will most definitely be going back there.