“Fantastic Fish & Chips”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This restaurant is well worth a visit. Very clean, light and warm. The whole decor was first class and on a cold wet day the log burning stove added to the ambience. The fish was exception, fresh and beautifully served with their own unique Tartare sauce. A lovely touch was the message on the place mats which read if you want more chips just ask, they are free. The chips were cooked to perfection and tasted lovely and the serving portion was just right, I couldn't have eaten one more chip. One of the best fish restaurants that I ever had the pleasure to visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,471)

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband were looking for somewhere to eat this Sunday, as I'm a celiac this always proves difficult!
However we spotted Rockfish from the barbican & after looking at some reviews on here decided to try it.
I was pleasantly surprised when I asked if they did gluten free to find out I had not only this option but also they could do my food to order & for the first time in over 10yrs I had Resturant brought scampi & chips, not only was the service & atmosphere fantastic the food was amazing!
I can not recommend here enough, my husband isn't a celiac and he also enjoyed his normal fish & chips just as much!
As the over excitement of being able to sit & eat with him is very rare!! Thank you to all the staff there ;-)

1  Thank Michellemarie100
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Saturday night and if you do not fancy cooking then the Rockfish is the plaice for you to try.

Situated just across the barbican lock gates next to the aquarium this restaurant/takeaway serves truly delicious fish and chips along with many other seafood dishes.

We arrived around 18:00, service was excellent, complimentary bottled water, large fish and chips, along with a regular and a takeaway, two mushy peas and some of their new pickles for just over £33.

In addition for those with large appetite if you want more chips just ask and you will receive.

Would most definitely recommend and will most definitely be going back there.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

food was cooked to order and was glorious,you can use the takeaway or the restaurant, we tried the takeaway which lets you sit at their tables and it was outstanding value

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were a group of 6 adults and 5 children without a booking, and the tables were put together for us all, gift packs for the children , drawing on the paper table covers. The fish was delicious, we all really enjoyed every bit, the scallops just melted in the mouth the batter was so light and crisp, the children's meal's were great too, with ice cream for pudding. The waiters and waitresses were very cheerful and helpful, all in all a very good late lunch enjoyed by everyone.

Been to Rockfish? Share your experiences!