“A new buzzing 24hr cafe/bar”
Review of Caffeine Club

Caffeine Club
Ranked #525 of 760 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Food is great value and monster menu is a challenge to eat !! ... Great friendly staff and a great atmosphere !! A new 24hour cafe that is very busy so a little wait on food at lunchtime..... But worth waiting for and definately recommended !!!

1  Thank BECKY W

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The interior is great, Me and my mates love coming here and getting the big 2 pint milkshakes. It can be really, really busy so getting a table sometimes proves difficult but once you're in you're set.

As it is busy, sometimes the wait on food is longer but its worth it for value of money. I recommend macho nachos-this is a feast on a plate. Not for the faint hearted and probably better to share. Still, completely yummy!! Though I did find myself having food envy looking at everyone else's burgers that were going past me. They are huuuugggge.

It also probably has the biggest coffee menu I've seen in Plymouth.

The staff are friendly. The atmosphere is good and there is jukebox so you can choose your own music. I reckon once summer is here the decking and fold back doors are gonna prove fantastic for this place. I for one would love to sit there in the sunshine all day drinking. Alas, work gets in the way!!

The experience will be better once there is more routine, but for my first few experiences I have no complaints.

1  Thank e r
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have been a regular lunch time customer (as the cafe is right next to where I work) since they opened, and have put up with the stodgy, greasy food and rushed, lack of system, and hit and miss wifi.
Today after I had eaten my food and was browsing the internet (using my phone's internet connect as theirs is so poor) a manager (I'm assuming as she was not wearing bright orange tee) came to my table to ask me if I was going to order a drink, I said no and they asked if I was going to order food to which I said I'd just had food. Her reply was "Well we will need this table"

having only been in the cafe for 30min I found this rude and aggressive, so much so that I called the her over when she was next near to say I found her a little aggressive and rude and that I was a regular customer and one that was likely to not be one for much longer. To which she denied being aggressive, told me that I couldn't stay, and if I didn't want to return, so be it.

I'm a polite and fairly mild person, and after this confrontation I was left without an apology and shaken.

I will not be returning, and will advise others to stay clear.

Way to get a reputation, trout fondlers!

4  Thank Tom W
Reviewed March 13, 2013

A group of friends and I came here for dinner recently after hearing a lot of hype around university about CC. We all ordered a variation of the same (chicken burger with chips) but all got charged different amounts. So no proper till system? We asked for tap water but were each refused as 'the management told them not to serve it.' so despite being really thirsty we forewent the drinks because we felt we'd already paid enough when alternative places up the road are much cheaper for essentially the same meal as well as offering free tap water.

The girls behind the till were rude and impatient. It was really cold on the terrace so we asked for the heater to be turned on, but it wasn't working so we had to clear our own table to sit under the heater which barely gave out a shred of heat anyway.

Two of the BLT burgers came out without bacon, which was later brought out on a plate for us to put in the burgers ourselves. They did remember that we had asked for no coleslaw though which was good. The burgers were nice but the chips were pure grease and the salad horrible. In general the meal was fine but really claggy, we were dying for a drink after just a few bites so we went back to the rude girls behind the tills to order a drink, they were really overpriced. Two diet Pepsi's came out as one really watery diet Pepsi and one regular Pepsi... And the Sprite came 10 minutes after the other drinks with no ice or straw! How long does it take to pour a Sprite?! After complaining they changed the Pepsi's but we wouldn't be surprised if they spat in them. Who knows where the ice cubes came from seeing as they clearly don't own regular water taps.

Whilst we were eating we witnessed a waiter take two limes in his bare hands to some other customers, then he turned away from them and wiped his hands on his trousers. Gross.

We did not enjoy ourselves at Caffeine Club, it was dirty and unpleasant. A shame because it has the potential to really work, perhaps these are still teething issues but needless to say we WON'T be going back especially when there are far better and cheaper places to go on North Hill. Soz Caffeine Club, you didn't deliver.

6  Thank Emjayspring
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went there on Saturday 9th March. It was busy and people waiting for tables. Nice wine and cocktails but had to wait after ordering for them to bring them over to the table. Food arrived in a reasonable time ( i was enjoying the company and not clockwatching). The burgers were lovely, especially the ones served in rustic roles. Chips were ok.... but the cheap vinegary ketchup was really rubbish. Make yourselves some fantastic relish to compliment your burgers or please, please upgrade your choice of ketchup. Your burgers deserve better.