“Great idea - but could still be improved on” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Vignoble

Le Vignoble
Ranked #1 of 185 Nightlife in Plymouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine Lounge, Wine Retailer, Wine Education.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great idea - but could still be improved on”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Le Vignoble is a great idea and very well set out - with very informative pieces about each wine, I it took me ages to decide what to try first! The staff were very attentive too.

My partner and I had tapas - and while the selection of cheeses were very good it was very expensive for what it was and I would have liked to see more variety of tapas (although I appreciate that the focus is more on what you drink.)
It's also a shame that the venue is so small - my chair was constantly being knocked by the person sat on the table behind me, and I had to climb over stools and chairs to get to the wine/bathroom (not easy to do in a skirt...and after drinking wine...)

If I were to come back I would like to have an evening where you are told more about the wines/processes by a member of staff so that you can truly appreciate what you're drinking and where it comes from.

In all, it's a great place to try wines that you wouldn't normally buy, and a nice different evening activity to do in Plymouth - but it's not perfect yet!

Visited July 2014
Yannick L, Owner at Le Vignoble, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your review Natalie, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. We do private wine tasting classes and we're about to start a class on wednesday evenings for people that want to learn more about wine. Just drop us an email if you'd like some more information about them, info@levignoble.co.uk.

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Incredible experience! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I have been to Le Vignoble twice and absolutely love it! The format is totally unlike anything either of us has ever experienced before (coming from London this is especially impressive) and the staff are very attentive and knowledgable, but not to the point of being pushy or pretentious. The music played is perfect for the environment and the cheese platters they do are scrumptious. Both times we have had the place pretty much to ourselves and have really loved trying all the new wines. A truly class act that seems too good for Plymouth!

Yannick L, Owner at Le Vignoble, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your review, it's lovely to hear how much you loved the place and we really appreciate the feedback.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 481 helpful votes
“Expensive and contrived.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Very odd way to pay over the odds for wine. Been to lots of tasting bars internationally but never been to somewhere with less human input or where you bet so little for so much. Honeypot for inebriated loud characters who pontificate and guffaw in pompous or earthy language. Would that the pleasant unassuming francophone man who sits at the till/mac could turn this into a more relaxed fun wine tasting and drinking bar. RWY badly needs a bar.

Visited February 2014
9 Thank Josie W
Yannick L, Owner at Le Vignoble, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Josie

Firstly may I thank you for taking the time to make a personal opinion review on our Trip Advisor page.

As I can understand after translating the odd way that you have written your review, I would like to clarify a few points.

Most importantly no one forced you to come to Le Vignoble, and in life there is something for everybody. Le Vignoble is clearly not for you, but I would ask you to respect our regular customers who love it and keep coming back.

You clearly stipulate that you think we are expensive, but I am struggling to understand how 70p for a taster, which is the equivalent to £3.50 for a glass of wine is expensive. If you were to go to the local Wetherspoons, perhaps this may be expensive, but at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

Regarding the inhuman serving system that we use, this is the most advanced way of perfectly serving and preserving wine, and is highly commended by winemakers and masters of wine from all around the world. Most of our customers are very keen to use the system, and appreciate that due to our machines the wine is delivered in perfect condition,

I would like to send my sincere apologies that you didn't enjoy the company of our other customers as they were busy enjoying themselves, but this is usually what happens at Le Vignoble.

And finally I do feel sad that you felt using ethnical discrimination within your review was appropriate, perhaps in your future reviews you could consider being a little more sensitive.

Yannick Loué
Devon
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

I love this place, large variety of wines and knowledgeable staff. Relaxing atmosphere to try before purchasing. The pay as you go and help yourself way it works is brilliant, and I would recommend this to everyone

Visited May 2014
1 Thank entertainment-team
Yannick L, Owner at Le Vignoble, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your review and for recommending us, we really appreciate it. Look forward to seeing you again.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pick & Mix wine, fun idea and great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Popped down on Sunday for the food fair and stopped in for a glass of vino or two at Le Vignoble as the weather was so beautiful we sat outside.

Was told they do things a bit differently, and boy do they! Love the concept of the pay as you go, pick and mix, almost vending machine like way of choosing your wine. Fun, modern and a fantastic selection of wines to choose from. Also had a meat board to nibble on which was gorgeous! Will be returning again very soon!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Tiffany N
Yannick L, Owner at Le Vignoble, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
So glad you enjoyed your visit and thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We've just updated our tapas selection as well so I look forward to hearing your feedback next time you pop in!