“Brilliant restaurant, excellent service, fantastic food”

Goto Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 727 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: GOTO is new Japanese restaurant located in 13 southside street,PL1 2LA. We offer our customers not only traditional sushi, but also new modern style sushi together with other hot Japanese dishes as well. Our core cuisine is based on Japanese authentic recipes, so GOTO's modern taste is never fragile, always satisfies your curiosity as well as your expectations for good quality and value.
Devizes
“Brilliant restaurant, excellent service, fantastic food”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

As soon as we walked in, the waitress was brilliant. Very attentive, offering suggestions, and having a laugh and joke with us. The chef made a vegetarian dish especially for me, all the food served was fresh and delicious. It is expensive, but the presentation and quality if food deserved the price tag. I thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

8 Thank TallVeggie

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Bear (Grylls) Good as the kids never say.”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My flatmate took me here for lunch for my birthday. Again we found it through trip advisor and had a lovely time. We were the only people in there, which doesn't bother me in the slightest. We ordered a couple of bento boxes and it was sooooooooo much food! We could easily have been filled up on 1 between us (for lunch) Will definitely be going back!

9 Thank Davey_Barefoot
devon
“Very nice restaurant”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I booked this restaurant thinking it was another one! however, the taxi dropped us off so we thought we ar here now so why not. we walked in and we were the only 2 there which worried us. The waitress was very helpful as we have not ordered Japanese food before. The food was top class, expertly cooked and presentation was superb. We had sushi to start followed by a steak for me and salmon for my wife. Only one other table became occupied. As a previous review said its a great restaurant it just needs more customers. It's in the same building as the Haka and the noodle lounge with the same owners and those 2 were rammed but Goto has better reviews! Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Visited May 2013
9 Thank brian s
plymouth
“Good but not 5 star”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Went here with my brother as he was visiting from Australia. My brother has lived in Japan and managed a 5 star sushi bar in Sydney so there was some tough comparisons. I have visited Japan and lived in London and frequented lots of Japanese restaurants so equally have a critical eye.

We visited in Feb and the restaurant was cold, I had to leave my coat on throughout the meal.

The service was excellent, the waitress was very sweet, polite and attentive.

The food itself was of a high standard except that mine and my partners beef was in part very under cooked. We had asked for medium rare. One half was perfect but the other half was barely sealed and swimming in blood. We mentioned it to the waitress and they recooked both mine and my partners beef, so they dealt with the situation very well.

We really enjoyed our meal and think for a City deep in the South West, we are extremely lucky to have 2 great Japanese restaurants. For me Yukisan still comes out on top but these are still early days for Goto and I suspect I will sway in their favour and give 5 stars on my next visit.!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank louisa d
“Fantastic food just needs more customers!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We visited goto on a Saturday night on bank holiday weekend and unfortunately were the only people there. Don't let this put you off though because the food was beautiful and soo tasty! 3 of us had wine and enough food to fill us up and it came to £20 each. The waitress was lovely and offered us free sake after the bill. This place deserves more customers!!!!

7 Thank camembertoxford