“Fantastic meal”

Goto Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 735 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: GOTO is new Japanese restaurant located in 13 southside street,PL1 2LA. We offer our customers not only traditional sushi, but also new modern style sushi together with other hot Japanese dishes as well. Our core cuisine is based on Japanese authentic recipes, so GOTO's modern taste is never fragile, always satisfies your curiosity as well as your expectations for good quality and value.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I dined at Goto Japanese Restaurant in Plymouth recently and my experience has encouraged me to write a trip adviser review because I saw all 5 star reviews on here before visiting. I can confirm that this restaurant absolutely deserves 5 stars!

I'm a huge fan of Japanese food so I'm really pleased to see such a fantastic restaurant in my home town. To get a good idea of what Goto has on offer I opted for a set menu meal and thoroughly enjoyed every course, the attention to detail and presentation of the food was excellent, the service was friendly and informative and the atmosphere of the restaurant was calm.

I will definitely be visiting Goto again, I cannot recommend their sushi enough!

14 Thank Albatro55

Cornwall
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,328 helpful votes
“First rate.”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Best new eating experience in Plymouth for a long while. Came with a group of five last night and had the set meal at about £25. Fantastic all round. Very good sushi of salmon, lemon sole and asparagus, followed by king prawn tempura, miso soup and a really tasty salmon main on aubergine followed by a palate cleansing green tea ice-cream. Three bottles of wine, friendly, helpful, efficient staff and a lovely warm convivial time on a blustery damp mid December evening.

15 Thank DougalM_12
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
“A new gem you must try”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have never been to a proper Japanese restaurant and my friend and I stumbled across this newly opened superb place last w/e.

The service was excellent from the off. We expressed that we were essentially newbies to Japanese although I had tried sushi before and the staff did the rest. They recommended the set menu for us but it wasn't your usual 'combine all the cheaper options.' They tweaked to our taste and made us feel spoilt.

The quality of the food was top notch and my friend who wasn't sure about raw fish before now can't wait to go back.

I thoroughly recommend and the salmon main dish is a firm favourite that I can still remember as it melts in the mouth. Treat yourself to something different for a very reasonable price and on the lovely setting of the Barbican too so perfect for a night out.

18 Thank CoventryChick
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
“worth value! recommended for sushi lovers xx”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I heard about this new restaurant from a friend of mine. I am a regular customer at Noodle Lounge but it was full when I came last time. So my friends and I decided to try out the new Sushi Restaurant and we were fully satisfied with the lovely food, friendly service and warm atmosphere. I am originally a Japanese food lover but there ain't that many "proper" Japanese Sushi Bars in Plymouth and I am happy that they opened this. This is a completely new business but I could say that they can be compared to Yukisan now. Would definitely come back for more lovely sushi there!

• Visited November 2012
19 Thank taphung
“Superb new Sushi Restaurant!!!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

A new japanese restaurant located in the same building next to hakka and noodle lounge. I am not the biggest fan of raw fish however Goto sells cooked hot food which accompany my taste perfectly. I ordered the meat bento box which came with rib eye steak, teriyaki chicken and fresh sushi rice. The rib eye steak was cooked superbly and the teriyaki chicken was so full of flavour. I would definitely come back and recommend this restaurant!

18 Thank alvincheung