“perfect base for 1 week holiday”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Hoe Lodge

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

sandyboat...
Watford, United Kingdom
“Parking issue!”
Reviewed October 27, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

The apartment is very spacious nd well kept a part from the bathroom. However the main issue in this property is the parking. In the description of the property it does not state that you have to pay parking. Is a very long review but to cut it very short I spoke to the owner and he say that he would have provide for the parking as I refuse to pay 6£ per day as it was not on the description (after I was also been told that I couldn't have the original apartment that I booked for a 3 bedroom apartment). The morning I was going to my holiday the owner called me saying that I have to pay for the parking and that he never say he was going to provide that. I was extremely shocked! I said I was not going to pay for any parking as I was advice from trip advisor that I'm not suppose to pay any other extra money a part from the one I have already paid. The owner decided that if I don't pay for the parking he will cancel my booking. Thankfully trip advisor customer service was able to help confirming that it was not on the website as the owner was declaring that it was state on the website. At the arrival at the apartment I discovered that the parking is not 6£ but is 3£ per day. And is a council parking which reveal to me that the owner was trying to benefit some money from the parking!!! It was really important for me to be there because I was coming for an important convention and I came with my kids. My youngest daughter is only 9 months and to solve this problem too quite of a long time which made me arrived at the property around 10pm! Please be very mindful of what this owner says to you regarding parking! If you want to rent this property other you go with the train or you must be ready to pay the parking! The five days I was in the property the owner never even bother to ask if everything was ok! Personally I don't think I will go there again!

Management Response
Dec 2, 2017
This guest was told the parking is by way of permits which is a lot cheaper than feeding the meter.
She had clearly forgotten as she arrived several months after booking the apartment.
It is clearly written on my website that parking is extra.
It is unfortunate that between booking the apartment & arriving Plymouth city council have doubled all the parking charges, hence the £3 per day
is now £6 per day.
Reviewed November 20, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing