See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 25, 2019

Booked for an overnight stay for my birthday due to the amazingly low price (booked 2 rooms for 8 people) came to roughly £13 each. We were heading out for the night so just needed somewhere close by to crash.
First impression wasn't great as we stood around not knowing how to get in as no one answered the door. After paying (£27 for myself due to charges not specified when booked) we were shown to our rooms which were expectidly bog standard and were told to EACH pay £20 deposit incase we were loud coming in which is in my opinion absurd considering the amount the rooms cost. Clearly, the owner (whom we never met) is keen to get what they can out of us.
My brother ended up unexpectedly staying in a spare bed in our room after the night out. We were moved due to plumbing issues into a room with 6 beds. We decided in the morning to explain he had nowhere to stay and we are more than happy to pay for his stay but we were well made VERY aware in the morning that we would lose the totalled £80 deposit for his stay which as being uni students we cannot afford.
We were also made aware that we were loud in the morning which seems to me not possible as we slept until 9/10am to be out by 11am and spent the morning collecting our things (hungover). I feel as we are aged 19-25 we were taken advantage of and rinsed of our cash. I Will never stay here again, waste of money and quite frankly due to rude staff really put a downer on my birthday.
All In all cost me almost £50 to stay in a stretching 3 star hostel. Wish id gone with an air bnb.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2019

My boyfriend and I had to spend an emergency night in Plymouth, and called these guys to ask if there were rooms available. We arrived half an hour later and was greeted by a friendly, well-travelled receptionist who told us that we had been upgraded to the flat around the corner. She gave us a key and sent us on with directions. We entered a warm 2 bed flat furnished with 2 sets of bunk beds with a bathroom, kitchen, garden and working TV. It wasn't exactly luxury (obviously) but it was clean and comfortable, and we had the place all to ourselves. It was also in close proximity to a co-op, chinese restaurant and pub serving food. We had a good night.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

I spend christmas at plymouth and this place was a really good deal, lucky nobody else show up then i had the room just for me making my stay much better and relaxing. Thank you very much for the information about the city

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2018

This place is definitely for the people who want to meet people, want to talk to them and enjoy good food. I was there with 50 students and space was scarce, but we have received everything we paid for and much more - meaning no issues with any diet or food allergy. Furthermore, PEOPLE ARE AWESOME!!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Now don’t expect the ritz but you can expect extremely friendly staff a great selection of breakfast cereals and bread jams etc and plenty tea and coffee in the communal area. The place is full of quirky charm and has a beautiful resident cat called Otto. There was a really great diversity of people staying while we were there to get chatting to and learn new things. James was superb he was amazingly helpful and friendly no requests off limits and he had a great sense of humour. I’d go back again in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: August 2018