Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
It's busy on Sundays - but still a source of great joy for the kids

Reviewed October 7, 2018
Janeinplymouth
Plymouth, United Kingdom
A must visit on a rainy day

Reviewed February 18, 2017
Danakev
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Plymouth
from $367.00
More Info
from $129.80
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 7, 2018

We never have a bad time here, boys all love it, aged 1, 3 and 5, and we feed them here too. It is not cheap, entry for the five of us, plus drinks, sandwiches and picnic boxes for the boys came to near on £50 - but they love it, and you can stay all day if you want ...

Reviewed June 9, 2018

Its soft play and the kids love it, large baby area, toddler zone, big slides, football cage, and a little house with cars; plus a few machines. They also do a good range of food, with some healthy bits, and they also do parties. I have not tried those. But I do know that I can sit here with the baby and the other two children will entertain themselves happily for a couple of hours; better yet the exercise wipes them out and you get an early night. They do a loyalty card, so the value is improved if you go regularly. I think the food is a bit pricey for what it is, but I am happy to pay to see the kids so happy

DrakesDen2009, General Manager at Drake's Den, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Hi Jane,

Thank you for leaving us your kind feedback regarding your recent visit. We recently updated our menus to include healthier options and we’re so glad to see the good reviews.

We’re so glad the kids enjoy it here at Drakes Den and we hope to see you all again very soon!

Drakes Den General Management

Reviewed January 29, 2018

My son had his birthday party here recently, and all the kids had a great time. The staff are very friendly and the price is good. We arrived a little early and the kids just got on playing whilst I set up. Will go back next year.

DrakesDen2009, General Manager at Drake's Den, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Hi Fiona,

Thank you for your kind feedback, We're glad your son enjoyed his special day.

We look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2018

I was looking after my grand children so I look to see won’t was near us as I don’t live near them I fond this play place so took them there they both had a lovely time and I was able to just sit by and see them enjoy playing with others the staff were very help full we had lunch there to and the food was very good lovely and hot we all had a lovely time I will use this again next time I down looking after them as it kept them happy

DrakesDen2009, General Manager at Drake's Den, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Thank You for your kind feedback. We’re very happy to hear yourself and your Grandchildren had a lovely time at Drakes Den. Our food is freshly cooked to order so I’m glad to hear you enjoyed that too :)

We look forward to seeing you all again soon

Reviewed November 15, 2017

The party was great. My children aged 3 and 4 loved it. It was a very busy saturday but the staff managed to keep all our children entertained. They even played games out in the main softplay, unlike Jump who hide you in a small overheated party room. The food was really good, the adults definitely pinched a few of the delicious chicken nuggets. They also had face painting which was lots of fun.

DrakesDen2009, General Manager at Drake's Den, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Hi Naomi, Thank you for your lovely feedback, I’ll ensure staff see your kind comments and I also have to agree with you aswell.... our Chicken nuggets are truley divine!

See you all again very soon,

Reviewed August 31, 2017

Arrived with my grandsons mum and dad and family friends and children. We ordered food at 11-59,after about 35 mins one meal came out,so as we ordered ours at same time ,they stood next to each other we presumed ours would soon be coming.Lots of other meals were coming out,but not ours.So I went down a severely disabled woman to say we had waited over an hour.Firstly I was ignored so my son in law said was I to be ignored.So I asked to speak to the manager and a lady who had half heartily spoken as going by came out.Katie was her name well to say she was rude was an understatement she spoke to be as dirt.I understand that this is a family concern,well if this is who they I trust with there business they need to look again. So I stood there as she said it was on a tray she said what our you waiting for it comes to your table which as I said wasn't strictly true as they over the tannoy would shouted,so we waited other meals came out. Nothing then ours except mine so again I waited.By the time it came out over ONE HOUR and a HALF had passed and I still hadn't eaten my meal DISGUSTING to say the least.

2  Thank Nichola C
DrakesDen2009, General Manager at Drake's Den, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2017

Hi Nichola,

Ive replied to your Email that you sent us Yesterday regarding this matter.

I look forward to seeing your reply, so I can then investigate further by checking our CCTV.

Drakes Den

Reviewed August 3, 2017

We had planned a completly different day but due to the heavy rain we had to think quick of somewhere else to visit. Not knowing the Plymouth area we were recommended Drakes Den. Although sadly my eldest garnddaughter was too old she was able to assist her cousin who was much younger. Staff were very helpful and although very busy we were found a table very quickly. Staff friendly and helpful. The system of working and restricting to a 2 hour slot was good. Worth a visit again when in the area.

DrakesDen2009, General Manager at Drake's Den, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Thank you for you review and lovely feedback, We're glad you all enjoyed your visit to Drakes Den.

We look forward to seeing you all again soon! :)

Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

Had my daughters party here on Saturday. It was a sunny day so it wasn't too busy which was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The party booking process was very simple. There was plenty of food for the party guests and the mini milk ice creams are a nice replacement for the vanilla tubs they used to have. The floors were being cleaned as people left, staff were trying to keep the place clean despite visitors leaving food around and allowing children to drop food everywhere. Overall I was really pleased with the party process, organisation and helpful staff. It made for a stress free party. Oh it's also cheaper and better value for younger children than another local soft plays party packages.

DrakesDen2009, General Manager at Drake's Den, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2017

Hello Ajosjoejomjo.

Many thanks for your kind feedback. We're really please you and your little ones had a great time, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

My 3 year old loves coming to drakes den, he requested he has his party here so that's why we visited. Reasonably priced for entry, food and parties. Always find the staff friendly and very helpful. Nothing is too much trouble! Even when you need help looking for your 3 year olds socks he lost in the ball pool.
Cheap and cheerful couple of hours of fun on a rainy day.

2  Thank Danakev
DrakesDen2009, General Manager at Drake's Den, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2017

Thanks for the Review.

The Drakes Den Team.

Reviewed February 15, 2017

It is very small,still fun.Not appropriate for teenagers as it's too childish and simple(I am 14 years old)They had some very cute little houses which you can actually go into,really interesting and exciting as I have never seen a place have them before.They have a toddler area which is ok,with a small ball pit.I really don't recommend the schmoo milkshakes as they were very artificial and not very tasty.Also,the hot chocolate didn't taste chocolatey enough,it tasted like warm milk with a slight hint of cocoa powder and it was very sweet.It's in an ok area.I would recommend Jump Plymouth instead of Drake's Den as it is a lot bigger and suits different ages.

DrakesDen2009, Manager at Drake's Den, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2017

Thanks for the Review.