“Excellent food”

Rock Salt Cafe Brasserie
Ranked #22 of 750 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: "Offering a classic mixture of quality food, all day, in a central position. A new cafe built into the shell of a late Georgian corner-pub".
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Went to Rock Salt for the first time after a recommendation by a friend. Had a selection from the Christmas menu and I have to say that I and everyone in our party of six thought the food was excellent, probably the best Christmas restaurant meal I have had to date. Staff were great, nice bistro atmosphere, food presented with creativity and flair and most importantly every mouthful was delicious. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Adrian F

Reviewed December 19, 2012

It’s just “amazing” , the last time I used that word I’d just left a Vegas strip club ...

More that value for money , I can’t recommend it highly enough .

The service is great , the place is the real deal, what more do you want if you’re in the mood for a breakfast ?

Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

A couple of the servers can be a little loud (enthusiastic), and there's a lack of veggy options i the evenings, although the kitchen are happy to knock up a fritatta, it's nice to have a choice for every one.
As it's a review site, it'easy to be critical, but at the end of the day it's a fantastic place to go, and as you can see, i have not marked it down.
I had the asian beef some time ago. Delicious. Steak is great, chips are great, and they do a very good value breakfast. I want to try the benedict as im confident enough of the kitchen to make it just so....

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Having had a great lunch here in the summer, I was keen to return for my birthday. Ideally we would have come for dinner, but living over 20 miles away in Cornwall it was a bit of a hike at night at this time of year, so settled for lunch. Luckily we had booked as clearly Sunday lunch was a bit of an institution - I was initially a teeny bit disappointed at the lack of choice - I don't normally have roast lunch when out, but chose the rare breed pork and was I glad - one of the best pieces of meat I've ever eaten - huge portions and masses of beautifully cooked vegetables. My husband had the fish (brill, bream, I forget) - again a generous helping and as a fish fanatic he said it was one of the best pieces of fish he had eaten for a very long time. We managed to leave enough room for the fantastic puddings. The place was packed out and people kept pouring in asking for tables - the staff handled the limited space and large amount of people with charm and aplomb, and didn't give those who hadn't booked the third degree, but tried their best to accommodate them. It is to their credit that they seem to appeal to a wide customer base, with people of all ages clearly enjoying their food - there was a great buzz and the decor and atmosphere were terrific. One little request though, which hopefully this clever family concern can sort - is there anywhere in the limited space out back to squeeze in a few coathooks? Everyone was coming in with coats, scarves, umbrellas etc owing to the time of year and draping them over the back of seats, piling them up on spare chairs, etc, thereby limiting the already small amount of room even more. We will definitely be back for dinner.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Decided to try it due to reviews and friends recomendations and we were'nt disappointed. Service was great all evening even though they had a few large tables of Xmas parties. I had the chicken live parfait to start which looked and tasted great, my partner had the black pudding scotch egg which was just as good. My main was the blade of beef which was amazing again my partner had the guinea fowl. My dessert was the creme brulee with lemoncello ice cream my partner the pannacotta. All of which was fantastic and pretty much faultless. The only negative was the mark up on the wine very over priced. Would definatley come back here and try some of the other dishes as what was coming out of the kitchen all looked amazing, the presentation was great and a bit quirky which is fun .

1  Thank kazza1526