“Simply the Best”

Description: Post code PL1 1NX
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Simply the Best”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

No trip to Devon would be complete without an Ivor's Pasty. If you are in the area and have never tried one - put this on the list of things you must do!!! We took cool boxes and brought home frozen ones so we can continue to enjoy at home :-)

Visited April 2013
2 Thank KandN001

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best pasty pastry ever”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

It's one of the consolation prizes for having to visit family down in the Styx. A nice rich pastry, unlike most sawdusty barely-held-together-with-water pasties. The filling has plenty of pepper to give a nice zing. If you're after a Cornish pasty, bear in mind most miners were malnourished. This is what they would have wished for, something spicy, rich and moist.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Youpackofkunts
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Not my favourite pasties!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Dewdneys are a legend in Plymouth but they are not my favourite pasties as that honour goes to Friary Mill! The service is good as this shop gets very busy and the pasties are cooked on the premises and are piping hot. I find them a little greasy and peppery for my taste as they are made of a puff pastry rather than shortcrust but thats a matter of individual taste. Not really a traditional Cornish pasty but a particular Plymouth delicacy that you won't find anywhere else in the world!

Visited April 2013
4 Thank bettyboop859
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Local pastys”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Been here many many times, had probably every pasty they ever made. Local firm one of two brothers, if you get the chance try Ron's different but still enjoyable.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank RonA_Plymouth
Austin, Texas
“our family has been a fan for over 60 years!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

When I first moved to Plymouth for Uni back in 2001, my Grandmother told me about Ivor Dewdney pasties, as she used to enjoy them with my grandad, dad & uncle back in the 60's! Whenever my family came to visit we would get pasties from Ivor's and they have a really distinctive taste to them, yummy. I recently returned with my husband to visit Plymouth after 5 years away, and when he said he fancied a Cornish Pasty, I directed him to Ivor's! It was a good as I remember. I even bought 3 mini pasties to take home with us back up to Somerset to give to my parents & 81 year old Grandma as a treat! needless to say, she was delighted! Only a shame they don't have anywhere to sit down, as it was pouring with rain outside! We ate in the car :)

• Visited March 2013