“Not bad,friendly staff made it better”
Review of Bacaro - CLOSED

Bacaro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A well established waterside cafe and bar in Plymouth England alongside several others which already have a Tripadvisor entry. Describes itself as Venetian Tapas which sounds a bit odd but the food style is light varied smacks many with a seafood bias. During summer week nights and lunchtime and weekends year round this is very busy but always offers daytime food. It is a lively fun place that deserves a listing.
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Visited Plymouth for five nights and ended up here three out of the five evenings!lovely outdoor area to sit in and look out over the water. The wine was pretty pricey (around £15 for a bottle of white Chardonnay,which is a little more than I'm used to paying..maybe I'm exceptionally cheap!) all in all a nice place. The staff were very friendly which I think really makes a bar/restaurant.

1  Thank Megan B

Reviewed July 1, 2012

What more can I say.

I had lunch here on Thursday and tried to order a Tuna and crayfish Ciabatta with a side of Olives, there were only a few other people ordering and it was not busy.
I was told there were no Ciabattas in stock but I could have it with a brown slice of toasted bread. I reluctantly accepted as I was hungry.

When it arrived I waited for the olives to come out that I ordered. After 5 mins the waitress came over and asked if everything was ok, I asked for some Mayo and mentioned the olives. Another 5 mins went by the mayo was given to me but still no olives, by this time I give up and started to tuck into my now cold toasted sandwich. To my shock and horror the Tuna was from a can and very cheap, salty and full of boney gristle. To my surprise the crayfish was one of the best.

After I finished and I went back to the till and simply asked for a refund on the olives which I had asked for twice.

I wont be coming back, there are plenty more harbor side cafes that have basic food stuffs in stock and that offer fresh fish/shellfish with a much better service.

2  Thank Dan_Russell
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Been here many a time and been really well served but you have to take this bar/bistro for what it is! If you want nice tapas, sandwiches, panini's then its the place for you. The outside area does get used by smokers so you need to be a little understanding. The bar comes into its own for a night out, good staff and drinks in a lovely little bar. Nice place to start the evening if you are looking for a quieter bar earlier on.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

As previously described. One of a long row of nearly identical indifferent places all selling mostly lager and middling food. No style or panache. You tend to pick one of these places if the queues are less than the others or you see a free table. Nothing else to recommend it.

6  Thank ChasC_12
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Coffee served in chipped cups, staff were all chatting in the corner totally ignoring us, couldn't even be bothered to give us sugar we had to hunt for it ourselves. Dirty, grubby with lights not working and broken lamp shades. A truly awful place.

3  Thank Alwelsh