“Super evening” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dolphin House Brazzerie - CLOSED

Dolphin House Brazzerie
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: WINNER OF LES ROUTIERS RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2014!The Dolphin House Brazzerie is an independent contemporary restaurant in the relaxed and stylish Sutton Harbour in Plymouth.We are passionate about delivering a memorable dining experience with our warm welcome and fantastic fresh seasonal menu.It is our mission to produce ethically sourced fresh food with integrity, from our Day Boat fish to our local farm assured meat. Specialising in Modern British Cuisine with international flavours we are confident you will find something you love.Food available Wednesday to Sunday; Breakfast, express lunch, light bites and grazes, evening menu and our fantastic Sunday Lunch.We also specialise in bespoke catering for functions and special occasions, where it is our aim to tailor each event specifically to your needs.
“Super evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Over the Easter weekend we visited The Dolphin House for the 7 course tasting menu. We also had the special offer on drinks, this was £17.00 for wine, a different glass specially selected to compliment each food course. This we found to be excellent value and lovely wines which we definitely would not have chosen ourselves. Each course was exciting and explained in full by the waiter at the time of serving. We found there was a suitable 'rest' period between each course.
The restaurant has a relaxing feel about it, and is placed in a good position on The Barbican, therefore there is a lot of choice to either wander and explore or to listen to live music after your meal. All in all a very pleasant evening, will be returning.

• Visited April 2013

Plymouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amateurish and Embarrassing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This just wasn't fit to be called a restaurant. The food was extremely poor, although it pretended to be 'fine dining'. Some ingredients were missing and what was there was not properly cooked. I went there as a treat for my wife and we won't be going back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Canarymike_13
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We go out to eat a lot and thought we would try this place. We had the 7 course tasting menu but the portion sizes were such a joke that we stopped at Burger King on the way home!!! Amuse Bouche by its nature is small and that's perfectly fine but when our starter was a prawn yes one prawn (langoustine) that is laughable I had finished the dish by the time the waitress turned her back to leave!! The main course was at a push 4 mouthfuls!! The desert wa tasteless but of normal size. Yes we had the tasting menu and the portion sizes are normally a little smaller but a prawn and a main that is 4 mouthfuls at a push is a disgrace!! The service took a long time and my husband cancelled his wine order after 25 mins of waiting! Along with small portions the food was barely warm.

There are many restaurants in Plymouth really upping their game and this place is certainly not anywhere near! I certainly won't be returning as when we told the staff portions were small I was told - well its a tasting menu! Also said the desert had no flavour and had a face pulled at me like I was crazy - not impressed with that! I only wish I had taken photos to show the ridiclous farce our evening was - especially when we have been telling our friends about it! No exaggeration 1 prawn (langoustine) as a started!!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Celeste H
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Great value and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Visited this restaurant for the taster menu (Groupon voucher) - some of the courses were very small but for the price the whole menu was very good value! John Dory and the dessert were particularly delicious. If there one very minor point for improvement I could make it would be that they might want to just do a quick check to make sure theres no fingerprints on the crockery before presenting the food. Food was nicely cooked and the service was attentive and friendly. Really lovely location too. Would definitely go again to try and rest of the menu!

• Visited March 2013
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Amazing Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have eaten in some great places but I have never been inspired enough to write a review... until now. The Dolphin House Brasserie in Sutton Harbour has left a lasting impression as one of the best culinary experiences that I have ever enjoyed. The decor is simple and fresh, the staff are very friendly and accommodating but it is the food itself that turns this restaurant into one of the best eateries in the South West. They use great produce of course but it is the chefs imagination and flair that raises this experience to almost Michelin Star standards, but without the exorbitant price tag! We have had a romantic meal here and followed this at a later date with our three children, which was risky (knowing my kids as I do!) but it also proved to be a family friendly.

• Visited March 2013