“Excellent service!”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Excellent attentive service, and lovely food - very plentiful. Can't fault this place. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were in Plymouth for one night (26/01/2013) and walking past this restaurant on a Saturday afternoon it looked the perfect place for our meal that evening, so we went in and booked a table for 8pm for me and my wife. "Perfect" commented the person who wrote down the booking as it fitted in well with other bookings that evening. We arrived at 8pm and were shown to our table upstairs; it was quite busy with several tables still to be occupied both downstairs and upstairs. We ordered a drink which came reasonably quickly and we then ordered our meals.

After 40 minutes of waiting I enquired when our starters would arrive; the waiter went to ask and told it would be a few minutes and offered us a complimentary drink. After a further 15 minutes there was still no food so we decided to leave. Looking around, the restaurant was now full but very few tables actually had food on them! We paid for our drinks at the till downstairs and another couple at a nearby table hearing our conversation said they had been waiting 45 minutes for their starters. I think they were on the verge of leaving too.

We went instead to the Himalayan Spice restaurant nearby and had a wonderful meal with excellent service.

3  Thank iainw-7
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I called into Meze Grill because we couldn't find the original restaurant we were looking for!! We were seated upstairs. To begin with, we were concerned because we were the only people up there. No problem; the upstairs soon filled up with families and a group of 20+ people.
The waiter couldn't have done more for us; very friendly and able to recommend a suitable wine. We stuck with a 'sharing platter' which gave us plenty of hummus, tzatziki, taramasalata, olives, Greek salad and lovely warm pitta bread. By the time we'd finished the lot, we were completely stuffed! Not too oily, not too garlicky - all in all we had a really lovely meal and great experience. We'll be back!

1  Thank Sara B
Reviewed February 12, 2013

A party of us went here on a Saturday night, i was really looking forward to coming here as I love Greek food. I had the Lamb Keftedes to start and I was quickly dissapointed, they where bland and slightly under cooked. I had the kleftico for my main course although it was extremely large it was also pretty tasteless. The others in our party had the Fish Meze to share and they to where dissapointed, a lot of the meal consisted of dips (Hummus, Tzatziki) which seemed to keep the cost down for the restaurant. I would try here again but I wouldn't rush to go back. I have to say that the restaurant is well appointed and the staff are great buts is very pricey.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I visited recently as a friend had a 50% voucher to use. Pleased it was half price, as l was a bit disappointed. The start was OK, the main course of mousaka was excellent, but the sweet of tiramisu was very disappointing. Mainly cream and sponge, could not taste any coffee or booze in it. Would difinately not have paid full price for this meal.
Service was good and the decor fine.