“No protection of the innocent parties who want a quiet night”

Annabel's Cabaret and Discotheque
Ranked #30 of 192 Nightlife in Plymouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Annabel's 'Kingdom of Night time Pleasures' offers nights of indulgence, entertainment & a night club for the over 20's. Nightclub & Comfy Relaxed area. Plenty of seating, plenty of dancing & plenty of fun! For event listings join: Facebook group - Annabels' Cabaret & Discotheque, Plymouth or check out our web site. Smart Casual Dress Code & we are Over 20's. Fancy Dress welcome. FRIDAY/SATURDAY: 9.00PM - 4.00 AM
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I went out for the evening, the club was very crowded, my friend was dancing and bumped into a girl who pushed her over on the floor, my friend was shaken and very upset, we thought we'd be protected by the security only to find we got kicked out, my friend had a head injury and no first aid was offered, the aggressor was able to carry on her evening, this is unacceptable behaviour and legal action will be taken as I took statements at the scene being in the legal sector. My advice is to stay away !!!!!!!

17  Thank gemmaloulou

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Comfortable, safe, generally busy and one venue where I don't feel embarrassingly old. Have seen some good live dance music and had a few painful mornings after. I have enjoyed myself many times.

15  Thank Cr0wM
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Well established and managed. Generally busy. Often live entertainment. Somewhere older folk can go without being embarrassed. Fair number of youngsters too.

30  Thank PlongeurV
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We had a very successful and important work celebration at Tanners restaurant and wanted to go on afterwards for a few hours drinking and dancing. We were recommended to go to Amnabels and all fourteen of us walked down to the club. It is obviously busy. There was a big queue. When we reached the front seven of our colleagues, male and female, all senior managers were refused entry on the sole basis that their clothing (smart casual clean and tidy some with designer jeans) and the door staff pointed to a ragged photocopy notice on a side wall referring to 'chavvy' clothes etc. This could hardly have been further from the reality. What kind of place does this club think it is? Neanderthal attitudes prejudices and discourtesy.

36  Thank Boadscreed
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We come here regularly. A relaxed friendly safe place. Lot of live stuff on stage. If you are interested go to the club website or the Barbican Waterfront site which shows how much is on just this month. We like it because it is hassle free and so different from standard disco clubs.

28  Thank ChasC_12