“Appalling venue”
Review of Oceana

Oceana
Ranked #150 of 189 Nightlife in Plymouth
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Ridiculous prices, door staff who think they are god, ridiculous entry, place smells of sweaty feet, glass everywhere on the floor on dance floors.

4  Thank Plymouthseven

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Took my team in for a night out, the door team were friendly and very welcoming, the disco bar was amazing, the staff very friendly and quick and new how to manage the crowd. The whole team at Oceana made our night out absolutely brilliant, thanks a million, we well defiantly be back.

1  Thank Jaondpnne224
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a huge club and good for a night out with friends.
A variety of dancing and decent priced drinks.
Enjoy !

6  Thank CarocheBabe
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I held my 19th at Oceana in November 2012. I hired out a private room which cost £100 .. This didn't include any free drinks or entry - only a free print of a picture taken by the club photographer (which I asked him for but didn't receive). The website stated online the room cost £100 but when I tried to book online I found out about all the added extras. I rang up and I finally booked it, two months in advance. I then sent a cheque in the post immediately. One month on the money had not been taken out and I hadn't received a letter back confirming my booking. I was worried that they hadn't booked it and that I was going to be left with no venue for my birthday party. My friends and I had booked rooms at Premier inn Lockers Quay as it was ideally situated across the road. I rang up and found out that it had been booked, they just didn't send me a confirmation. I then asked what colour the room was as I wanted to decorate with balloons and banners, and the image on the website was tiny (its since been changed). The man on the phone described it as "neutral" when in the picture it seemed purple, so he said I cold come in myself nearer the time. A few days before, I rang up to see if I could come in and the lady on the phone said that the police were there for a training day but I could still come over. So I drove over and rang the buzzer, but wasn't allowed in. A different lady answered and was quite blunt to me. On the day I took a gamble and bought purple balloons and then went to set up early. The promotions manager was there and was extremely helpful and friendly. The night went well until around 1am when the fire alarm went off. When people were allowed in to get their coats, we were at the front of the queue but when we explained our belongings were in our room we were told to go to the back of the queue and wait, but we didn't know what we were waiting for!! My boyfriend tried to explain but the bouncer squared up to him, until a random DJ came out of nowhere and said he would help us. I expected to receive an explanation or apology the day after but never did, and I even tweeted them on twitter. It's a good club and I will go back, but won't pay for a private room again.

7  Thank Chloé M