“Monty's is great....”

Monty's Cafe and Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 40 Coffee & Tea in Plymouth
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Monty's is great....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We regularly visit Montys and it is simply the best grub in Plymouth!!

The staff are very personable and attentive....in fact we often refer to the Montys experience, because that is what it is.

Admittedly it can get very busy, particularly around public holidays and Mothering Sunday but great food takes a while to prepare so be patient.

We've had two fab Christmas dinner evenings in there too and have booked a third for this year :-)

The trouble with writing a positive review on TripAdvisor is that it just highlights it for others and potentially makes it even more popular but our hosts Paula and Craig deserve it.

1 Thank JutsuGreg

“Can't be faulted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have visited Monty's on several occasions since my daughter who is now 5 was born as it prides itself on being a child friendly eatery - it's fab. My latest visit last weekend did not disappoint, a wide and varied menu totally suitable for the whole family, we had the eggy bread bacon sandwich - what a shame it took 40 years for me to discover such a delicious combo - it was amazing! Great coffee and generally good service - a little slow but I wasn't in a rush - I love Monty's at anytime of the day they do just the right thing be it breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea!

1 Thank Poppy P
Bristol, England
“So slow”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

. My receipt shows we paid for our order at 13.22. The coffee arrived almost immediately and was very good. The sandwiches arrived at 2.08. Unacceptable. The waitress said 'sorry for the delay' avoiding our eyes and placing the plates down hastily. Food was fine but strewth the service is poor.

4 Thank Eddie O
Cornwall
“Very very good 10/10”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stunning breakfast, delicious coffee. Do it you won't be dissapointed.
Toilets need an upgrade tho! My review has to be 100 characters apparently so don't bother to read this bit.

2 Thank kernowlobster
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Decided to meet some friends at Monty's for breakfast. We've been before and always had good service. We ordered the French toast bacon sandwich which was amazing and the bacon cheese bagel with poached egg - again this was superb and the eggs done perfectly. I like my coffee a certain way (pedantic i know) but the staff were more than accommodating and i had an excellent cup of coffee. The service was quick and efficient. This will be my breakfast 'waterhole' for the foreseeable future when visiting Plymouth.

Visited May 2013