Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Animal care

Love this place, a zoo with a real purpose. Conservation, animal care with appropriately sized... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Spinmarzipan
Moreton, United Kingdom
Rainy day visit

Called in as it was a rainy day, glad we went, an interesting and enjoyable few hours spent here... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
22judi333
Leeds, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Plymouth
from $10.45
from $111.07
from $10.45
from $392.01
2,355 results
All reviews sea life shark tank rainy day octopus large tanks annual pass dartmoor zoo different species main tank soft play area gift shop few hours couple of hours half term free entry all ages family ticket
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Whilst not cheap to enter it is worth every penny. many hours can be spent in here enjoying the variety of species. This was not our first visit but we did encounter school trips this time and I have to admit the noise was absolutely deafening and did spoil the atmosphere and our visit a little bit. Also the seating had been removed to accomodate the children. It made us move on quicker than we would have liked. Halfway through we went to the canteen but were not impressed. The chips were dried up, the prices high and "note to self" that on future visits will bring own packed lunch ! Toilets were clean. Aquarium Staff were friendly,helpful and knowledgeable. I must mention here a member of staff called Alice who we came across feeding the octopus Neptune. Her knowledge of the creature,her obvious enthusiasm and love for her job was evident and to her credit. She spent ages telling us about Neptune and we really enjoyed this. We so enjoyed the Aquarium that we went again a few days later as the visit is free the next time you go. You always see something you missed last time. Unfortunately there was yet another school trip taking place. !!
I would recommend this venue to everyone. Having been in the London Aquarium, I feel this one is much better. We did park in the nearest car park for the Aquarium but we did put more on the ticket than 3 hours. (we learnt from previous visits) Again not cheap parking but we spent more than 3 hours in there easily. Very young children are a joy to watch in there. the wonder on their little faces as they see the fish swimming so close to them is amazing. I lost count how many times I heard the "doo doo doo baby shark " song !!!!

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The animals and the tanks where fascinating but the restaurant wasn’t very pleasant. I would say they are short on staff because the floor was a mess and needing sweeping desperately, I even saw a member of the public clean about it was that bad. The food was fine to eat. The place itself was a little overpriced in my opinion but was a nice day out.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Quite an impressive aquarium with lots of local displays of marine life.
Some work could be done to improve the displays but other than that a lovely hour/hour and half viewing.
Quite expensive though.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and i visited the Aqaurium back in July this year whilst on our Honeymoon. I must admit i was like a big kid going round looking at all the wonderful sea creatures, exotic sea plants . This place is wonderful for all ages especially children as there are plenty of fun facts to learn about our oceans and about looking after this marvellous but endangered eco system.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There were some smaller and interesting tanks and some educational talks going on, but this place is really all about the huge tank, with it's various viewing levels and amazing sea creatures. It's impressive the first time you encounter it. We spent 10-15 minutes at the first level watching the sharks and rays swim by above us. Keep going and you'll see the tank twice more. It's magical especially at the top level.

Date of experience: August 2019