“Don't want to go on a ferry again!”
Review of Brittany Ferries

Ranked #1 of 28 Tours in Plymouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Sail with Brittany Ferries from Portsmouth, Poole or Plymouth direct to France and Spain. Our routes take you closer to popular holiday destinations, saving miles of driving, fuel costs, tolls and overnight stops. Choose either superb comfort of a cruise ferry, no-frills economie service or speed across The Channel on our fast craft.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed April 5, 2013

It's not their fault that the Bay of Biscay is rough all too often but the cabin was cold and no way to heat it up, the pillow lumpy and and the duvet to thin to keep me warm. The bathroom plumbing sloshed all night in the pipes as we hit the waves and was really annoying. The expensive restaurant on board left a lot to be desired. My plate had a pot of something on it with a little handle to open it and when I opened it the darn thing exploded with a bang and drenched me in sticky sauce. The pork I had for dinner was pleasant and the cheese a delight but the breakfast was simply appalling. All the food was re-heated numerous times and so tough and stale it was inedible. We complained but still had to pay the full price although we left everything bar the egg.

2  Thank RainbowThanet
BF-CustomerServices, Manager at Brittany Ferries, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear ‘RainbowThanet’

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry to read of your disappointment with certain elements of your recent crossing with us. I would be grateful if you could email me directly at jane.aldridge@brittanyferries.com, in order for me to look into this further for you.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Brittany Ferries

Write a ReviewReviews (2,405)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Why you ask?? Well, many disabled people have to have larger vehicles so that we can get a scooter in or in my case a scooter and a toilet, as I have a few chronic conditions.

So, when I asked Brittany Ferries for a quote for a day trip, they advised me that for my carer, myself and 2 kids (1 13 and 1 18) the cost would be £153!!! Poole to Cherbourg.

I then told them that I needed a larger vehicle for my medical problems and that there are thousands of us disabled who need larger vehicles, bearing in mind that these vehicles cost far more in fuel, as you've also got hand controls which are not as cheap to run as a foot on the fuel.

They said that it was not their problem! End of story!!!

Don't waste your time with them - Use LD Lines as they are much cheaper than Brittany Ferries and have even offered a free meal voucher as we have the inconvenience of travelling to Portsmouth as opposed to Poole where the Ferry is opposite us.

Brittany Ferries you disgust me - You are treating disabled people as a cash cow. This is one less cash cow you will be taking for a ride after this treatment.

4  Thank TheRatsRally
BF-CustomerServices, Manager at Brittany Ferries, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear ‘TheRatsRally’

I am sorry to read of your disappointment with our services.

When pricing a crossing one of the things taken into account will be the vehicle type, such as whether it is a 4x4, standard car or a van. We try to ensure that our prices are fair across the board for all our customers. Therefore we price purely on the length and height of the vehicle.

However, taking into account your individual circumstances, please can you email me at jane.aldridge@brittanyferries.com so that I can look into this further.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I hope that I can look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Was really excited about going to Spain for two months, November - jan . (Beginning of). Travelled on cap finestere? Boarding was hours as ment to sail at 10pm but because of bad weather didn't get on board till 00.45 ( although that's not their fault) took a while to find our cabin, but was ok, all you need is a bed and bathroom, it was a 2 night sail as they had to go to Roscoff first to reload food and swap staff. Think the captain was at a Grand Prix! Crossing was awfull, sick all night, but the ladies on reception/information were brilliant, gave out sickness pills. Very long boring journey , considering you are on there so long would have been nice to have a ship with something to do!! Most boring ship ever, all you have for entertainment were quiz time and cinema , films were rubbish. Spent most of the time just sitting looking out the window, everyone on board said the same as us, boring ,not a lot to do and paid a fortune for the trip. On the plus side though, the bay of biscay was like a mill pond!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I travelled on the ferry from Plymouth, the cars were parked so close to each other the only way I could get out of the car, was to climb over to the passenger seat, and at 66yrs of age not a good idea. so now Eurotunnel for me.

1  Thank kenward71
BF-CustomerServices, Manager at Brittany Ferries, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear ‘brynAmmanfordWales’

I am really sorry to hear of your experience. There should always be room when the vehicle is parked for the driver to exit with a reasonable degree of dignity. Please can you contact me directly at jane.aldridge@brittanyferries.com so that I can look into this matter further.

Thank you for travelling with Brittany Ferries and for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Travelled Portsmouth to st Malo on the overnight crossing, took a commodore cabin well worth it. Staff were excellent and whole experience good. We ate in the proper sit down French restaurant rather than self service restaurant, mistake. Buffet starters were ok but main course choice limited and whilst food was ok what we ended up paying was not good for what we had. Having said that it was clear on the menu so no grumbles. When I do this again and we will we will either bring our own food or try the self service area, it's better value, all in all though a great experience well done brittany ferries

2  Thank Badgersteve