“It's going down hill”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
United Kingdom
“It's going down hill”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I am really disappointed at pan Asia this time, first there were no selection of foods at all. All the trays were empty and the curry was watery. Also there isn't any variety anymore. There seems to be more British food then actual Chinese. The deserts are awful just some tasteless little cup things with whip cream on top. Then when we were waiting to pay our food this waiter women comes and shoves the check forcefully on our hand while we were busy getting the money to pay ! Was just very rude. I use to love coming here but after this experince I def won't be. The quality of the food was just awful. Next time ill try somewhere else

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank lizgabrielaowen

Plymouth, Devon
“A must go!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I came here early February for a friend of mine birthday. when we arrived there were people going in then leaving because the que was a little long and thought they would be waiting a long time, this didn't the phase the four of us that went, we got in quickly even though it was the lunch rush where you only pay £6.50 for the food and the man who greeted us couldn't understand or spell my friends last name, we were seated and ordered our drinks almost straight away. The women who ordered our drinks explained to us what to do as we never went there before, so she was very helpful.
I was surprised to see all the food on offer, the variety was great. And it tasted great too. I was a little doubtful of the quality as the kitchen had to keep on refilling everything so quickly but it was brilliant. None of the food was left under the heat lamps for too long so it didn't dry out or get way over cooked. Our empty plates were cleared from the table often. With one pint of coke it cost me about £9 something. so its great quality at low price and anyone of any age can eat there, its also child friendly.
Will definitely go there again!

• Visited February 2013
Inverurie, United Kingdom
“Great Choice for people who have never eaten anything other than mince and tatties!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Went as a group of 9 after my brothers passing out of the Navy. He raved about it so naturally we all thought it would be terrible. Infact it was lovely, nice atmosphere and a great selection of food for all different palets. My grandparents DO NOT EAT anything other than scottish food, and even then they are picky. But because it was a buffet we took them round and made them try one of everything, now they eat duck rolls!

Recommend it to anyone who cant decide what they want to eat and they HAVE A CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN!!!
my granny was beside herself!

• Visited March 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“The Buffet to go to in Plymouth”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Went on a Sunday evening, expecting the place to be half empty. What a surprise, half of Plymouth was up there - always a good sign.
Certainly a place you'd miss unless you looked closely or knew where to look.

Good selection of dishes, a large "cook on demand" section, and a surprisingly large selection of desserts. Only criticism which is probably to be expected in these sorts of places, was that there was no real taste to some of the dishes. I had three separate chicken dishes on my plate at one point, and they all tasted of nothing really.

Service was ok, certainly efficient. Make sure you know what you're drinking as they ask as soon as your bum touches the seat. We didn't know and asked to have a few mins to look at the drinks menu. Waitress pulled a funny face, and went off in a sulk. Never saw her again so 10 mins later we had to flag down a different person who was only too happy to help.

Apart from the drinks incident, that was the only damper.
Would certainly return here as opposed to the other buffet places nearby.

• Visited March 2013
Plymouth
“Such a selection”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Buffet done right.
Stylish surroundings.
Loads of choice and so many flavours to choose from.
Friendly staff and a nice atmosphere.

Visited January 2013