The View Pan Asia Restaurant
Ranked #185 of 714 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant today with a friend of mine on a rare night off work. First off we were seated at a table which two other people were already sat at but had gone to get food. Causing unnecessary embarrassment!

Then we placed our drinks order which took 35 minutes to arrive at our table after chasing the waitress 3 times and being spoken to like 5 year olds and dismissed. We requested to speak to a manager and were told he would be over shortly.

Then after going and getting food I arrived back at the table to sit in a flimsy chair which snapped in half upon me sitting down. (No I am not obese and broke the chair from my weight!)

After half the restaurant saw this and laughed over this I was given a new chair and told the drinks would be on the house. (A Pepsi and Tango!)

The one waitress in particular found our situation funny and was rudely laughing behind our backs.

After waiting over an hour a manager still has not come to see us and so we demanded they came now. We complained about the poor customer service and the fact we had to wait so long for drinks and to see him personally. We also complained about the broken chair as it hurt my back when I fell to the floor. We were told that there was nothing they could do, two young waitress's came over to our table and began shouting at us calling us liars saying we never asked to see a manager previously, shouting over their manager to us and basically making him look stupid.

We were completely appalled and shocked by their terrible customer service as we both work in customer service jobs ourselves. They were rude and unapologetic of the situation, we paid and left.

When walking out as we passed one of the waitress's she swore at us in another language (silly to assume I couldn't speak any other language than English!)

I will never visit this establishment again unless new management took over and their staff received proper customer service training, being shouted at by immature teenagers is unprofessional.

2 Thank Afish123

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

2 Thank Afish123
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Excellent value and loads of choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Using my student discount meant I only paid 9 pounds for 4 plates worth of food!! I'd call that pretty good value..I don't usually like buffets cause sometimes It can seem as though the food has been sitting there for hours but I often saw them changing the food so it was fresh and saw them cleaning the place too. The service was very friendly and it is a great place to come with a large group of people because of the cheap prices and large amount of choice when it comes to food

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Having been here last year and returning again this year I was concerned regarding the reviews, the staff were friendly, attentive and nothing was too much trouble, the food for a buffet is the best you can get in Plymouth plenty of choice and made to order at the bbq pit, desert if you can manage is lovely yet again did not disappoint

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank susierut
Haverhill, United Kingdom
“Family meal for 6”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had a good meal for six here. Booking definetely recommended.
There was plenty of choice from the buffet, with regular deliveries of fresh food trays.
Even the cake was good, which surprised me for a chinese restaurant.

• Visited January 2013