“Home from home”

Chester House
Ranked #19 of 78 Plymouth B&B and Inns
“Home from home”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Dot and Andy are thoroughly wonderful people who make you feel welcome and at home the moment you step through the door - the cup of tea was just the right thing at the right time. The free upgrade on arrival was also a very pleasant surprise. For a weary traveller like me, the thing that is most appreciated, that money can't buy, is a relaxed and warm atmosphere, which Chester House has in abundance. Delicious and generous breakfast, extremely comfortable bed and bedroom, flat screen tv's, free wifi - everything you could need. Proximity to the station (5mins walk) is a real bonus. I do hope work brings me down to Plymouth again soon. I've stayed in many B&B's and hotels and this one is amongst the very best.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chippenham
Reviewed March 16, 2013

A lovely B&B, very clean and comfortable. Dot and Andy are really friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. I have stayed on many occassions and it really is like staying with familly. Dot cooks excellent poached eggs! On street or secure parking available and good location for train station.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

A lovely stay in an excellent B&B. Our room was very comfortable and well furnished, with a lovely ensuite shower room. Breakfast was amazing and our hosts were very kind , offering help with tools when they heard that we were staying to help our daughter move house. We can certainly recommend a stay here and we shall surely return

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Matlock, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Chester House is in a great location for the train station, and the city centre. It is an attractive property and Dot and Andy are very welcoming. The house is well kept and the B&B is excellent value, particularly by comparison with some of the coastal locations. This was our third visit and we would have no hesitation in staying again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at Chester House for one night when I went to the university applicant day recently. It was really lovely, very clean and tidy in a great location (literally 5 minutes walk from the train station). However, I was never disturbed by any noise from passing trains, which I was worried about.
The owners were very friendly and kind, offering me tea and biscuits on my arrival, as well as a map of the town centre!
I stayed in a single room which had a sink, kettle, towels, tea bags and a television with loads of channels. I also found that the price was very reasonable, which is a major pro as I'm a student.
The breakfast in the morning was great, a very wide choice of hot or cold food as well as fruit and yoghurt was available, so everyone will be happy.

I had a lovely stay at Chester House and would recommend it to anyone! 5 stars!

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have just stayed at Chester House for two nights. The accommodation was very clean, warm and had all that you would need. Importantly in my view the bathroom I used was very clean. Finally, a great breakfast which kept me going until late in the afternoon.

Also, Andy and the other members of staff were very friendly. I have tried to stay at Chester House before this last trip to Plymouth. Although they were not able to accommodate me then then went out of their way to find me other accommodation. I think this sums up how helpful they are.

• Stayed February 2013
Sherborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Dot, Andy and Hazel are extremely welcoming hosts. Nothing is any problem, and a pleasure to revisit. Its only a few minutes walk from Plymouth station. There is secure parking. Full breakfast. Friendly atmosphere means that you can chat with other guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business