“Our visit”

Ranked #68 of 78 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Our visit”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

A nice clean, comfortable B&B. The proprietor could not be more helpful and will meet your needs as much as she can. The B&B is conveniently situated for the Hoe and Barbican as well as the city centre.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Lovely old Victorian house, with very high ceilings. Tastefully decorated downstairs in traditional style. Very well located and reasonably priced. A friendly welcome, clean en-suite room with all facilities, and a good breakfast. Comfortable bed and a quiet night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank PSG40
doncaster
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Firstly i would like to point out how clean the owner keeps this historic sweet building, i own a cleaning business and travel around the country on many different contracts, taking upto Three people with me and can sometimes be in a different Bed and Breakfast for Four days, so picking the correct all round package, not only to keep myself happy but also my staff, i rang the Ashgrove as my regular, was full, from the first words spoken teresa could not of being more than helpful, a breakfast to died for, set me and my crew well and good for the day, i would truly recommend this place whether an hungry building firm or a clean freak, Happy staying.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank paul e
Holsworthy, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2012

we book in next door at the jewel b n b online but was told it was full booked so moved next door for same price as we got hear look nice so we went in the lady was so nice and showed us to your room and left us to it . my wife went to the toilet to find small flys and it to be smelly so we went out the next day braekfast was grate and went out for the day got back later to find room had been cleaned the loo was cleaned but the bin at the side was not it still had the last tenerts litter in it we did not complain as it was just small things but needs to be done we booked a 4 star and becouse it overe booked we got 1 star

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gary e

Travelers are raving about these Plymouth hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I travelled to plymouth from the northwest and arrived at 11pm I drove around the hoe and The ashgrove really stood out to me I rang the bell worrying it was too late but was greeted by a lovely lady"Teresa" who offered me a room for me and my friends.The hotel is a beautiful victorian listed building with a very traditional feel and very comfortable.The room was perfect for three really fussy scouse girls we loved it.The morning after we had a fab english breakfast and a coffee with the ownwr"Teresa" who told us alot of history about plymouth and made us feel so welcome.Our intention was to stay for 1 night but ended up staying for 5 nights at this hotel.I would recommend this little treasure to anyone who loves a traditional feel and a very warm welcome in fact i have already booked for the summer........Cant wait

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank clare c
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The carpet was full of fluff and badly stained. The toilet was filthy and had not been flushed since the last guests. I tried to complain about the state of the carpet soon after we arrived but could not get hold of the proprieter.
Parking was a nightmare. The floor-boards in the room above were very noisy and the occupants were roaming around until gone one in the morning making for a terrible nights' sleep.
The location is good, the land-lady pleasant and the breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: choose a room at the top