“Cheep and cheerful, great location”
Review of Belmont Hotel

Belmont Hotel
Belmont Hotel
Ranked #64 of 78 Plymouth B&B and Inns
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Cheep and cheerful, great location”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My partner and I stayed here as a last minute idea to visit plymouth for a night. Booked over the phone and we were given the room with the four poster bed. The room was clean and comfy, nothing over the top, decor is a little dated but nothing a lick of paint and new furnishings can't fix. The owner who treated us was lovely and catered to our every need and the breakfast in the morning was more than enough for us!

For a last min stop, it did the job and the only complaints was it was cold in the room and no duvet (only sheets, but that's a personal choice!)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Swanwick, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have just returned from a week in this hotel while my partner was working down Plymouth....We ordered a breakfast as it wasn't included in the price(strange for a b&b)...me and my partner had a full English was ok nothing to shout about and our 3 year old had just cereal which the choice got less and less though out the week and we thought they surly won't charge us the full 3.50 for that...how wrong could we be...
There was maintance work going on though out the whole stay which didnt really bother us untill Thursday night and they was crashing and banging till at least 8pm in the room above us NOT GOOD....yes it needs a massive upgrade but not at 8pm!!!
We had been upgraded "free of charge" to family en-suite....well the shower was nothing more of a dribble us grown ups had to use the public one..I would off been gutted if I had to pay for the "up grade"
It was a very cold week in march and NO heating was on at all...my partner needed a VAT recipt to claim the breakfast back and the owner didnt understand really what one was.....
All in all I would NEVER return to this hotel....

Room Tip: Do not have the "up grade" or breakfast go to Weathersppons/morrisons....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Plymouth hotels

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I usually stay in holiday inns so this was an alternative booked by my company. What a fantastic surprise. Period building close to the hoe and city centre. Room was spotless and the breakfast was a treat. The owner was very friendly and advised me on the local restaurants and pubs. Fantastic two weeks spent there while working. Looking forward to being posted back to Plymouth so i can stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Hampsteadrunner
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend needed a suitable hotel / b&b to stay at whilst seeing a show at the pavilions.

This was within 5 minutes if the venue and in comparison to other places, it had a fantastic price.

On arrival we were greeted by a friendly young man who offered us an upgrade for a small price, we were happy to accept, and was very pleased with our decision. We were in room 2, a lovely four-post bed with an en-suite, I think it is only common sense to ask for one, rather than assume.
It had the three things I would want: a comfy bed, a kettle and space.

This is not a 'leisure hotel' with fakery, nor is it trying to be one. To put it simply I felt like I was staying with friends and being fully looked after. As we are a young couple it was great to be treated like normal customers.

I slept well as the bed was'nt too soft for my back (which I suffer with), it was quiet and warm.

Breakfast: Very friendly service, did'nt have to wait long. The lady was very attentive! Orange juice, tea/coffee and an english breakfast, which was all perfect.

Everything expect the room gets a 5 out of 5, as it was all fantastic, the rooms decor could be updated a little, but is still a very good 4 out of 5.

We hope to stay again soon, thanks!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank brightpinkowl
Rome, Italy
Reviewed August 28, 2012

A small B&B, with no bathroom en-suite, but to share with other rooms. It was not specified in the reservation. Steep staircase. Essential furniture in the room. A bad smell all around. 15 minutes walk from the center. I wouldn't suggest it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank M0nica_2011
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Smelt of A LOT of air freshener on entry to the hotel. Seemed a little tight in the rooms and certainly in the bathrooms. Rooms very clean though.

Lack of desk/table facilities were felt. Also, didn't really feel all that welcome with my kids.

There is NO on site parking, there is on street parking for which you have to pay between 10am and 6pm (the hotel will give you a visitor's pass at £2/car).

Wifi available.

Breakfast an extra £3.50/person. So took kids to McDonald's for breakfast! (not cool)

Stayed here as it was the only place(nearest ) I could book to go to the Eden project (1 hr drive from this hotel/B&B).

Doubt I will use this place again.

Room Tip: Make sure its Ensuite.. not all rooms are.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family