“Good value for money with place to park” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kynance House Bed & Breakfast

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Kynance House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #26 of 83 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reading
“Good value for money with place to park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed for one night to avoid motorways on a Friday night. The property is three or four terraced houses knocked through on the ground floor but retaining the original individual stairs to the upper floors and lower ground floor and the car park. Our room (7) was light, airy and very clean probably fairly recently refurbished and had all the usual things expected in a guest house. It was at the top of a lot of stairs so if you have any difficulty with mobility best ask how many stairs will be involved. Breakfast was generous with fruit juice, yoghurt and cereals as well a full English and variations on that theme. Toast (white or brown) tea and coffee were unlimited. Staff very helpful and friendly and we would certainly stay again under similar circumstance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ringwood, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

As a contractor I had a good rate for B&B but you get what you pay for. The guest house needs a good renovation, which they are slowly doing, and some rooms are better than others. Breakfast is fine with an option of a takeaway if you're in a hurry. The owners are very friendly, as are the other staff. Location is great for both shopping and social. For the money you can't really fault it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FelthamBoy
Halstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed for just the one night as we had come down from Essex to pick up our new dog, staff where really pleasant and the actual hotels history was quite interesting. The room was comfy, warm and adequate for our requirements, the rooms where clean and in a sort of way quite quirky which added a little something we would certanily use them again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve K
Tintagel, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I visited here in August 2013 for the fireworks championships, I came with my fiance his parents a few family friends.
First off, great location with limited parking around the Back of the hotel so I advise arriving early if you have a car
Fantastic welcome by all staff, every single member is so happy to cater for you, they explain everything clearly so theres no confusion on Times of breakfast e.t.c...
The owners a young married couple with a young daughter are superb! Everyone made us feel at home
Our rooms were very clean and basic and very light decor, we had room 24 I believe which had recently been updated, comfy bed, nice walk in shower, the only thing I would mention is the flush system is very noisy and sometimes didnt extract everything unfortunately.....however it didnt ruin our stay
The entire house has got dated decor however the owners are working their way through updating, so dont be disheartened by the dated breakfast room and entrance
The breakfast is great, very well cooked and an unlimited supply of toast and jam! And they top up our tea and coffee too, so very friendly staff, always busy and always happy.
we all loved it here we have booked again for the fireworks next August :)
highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jenny M
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was here for a 2 week workshop, up at the Marine Biology Association and for the 2 weeks we stayed it was very comfortable.

The staff were very friendly and never grumbled if I needed anything.

The decor is very dated - kind of reminded me of staying in Blackpool when I was a kid.

Breakfast I'd give 4 out of 5. Sausage a bit rubbish, but everything else very satisfied. The unlimited train of toast is a massive thumbs up!

Room very comfortable - although a little cold, but I did have a heater in my room and they did turn the heating on upon the colder weather. Bed very comfortable, slept very well. Bathroom decor very 60's but functional. There maybe a little bit of a problem with damp, but being in a basement room with the heating off, it is too be expected. Once I warmed the room with the heater, all the moisture in the air had gone.

Perfectly located, you can see the Hoe from the front door and 5 minutes of walking one way will see you at the sea front, and in another direction in the centre of town,

Other notes, I brought my own towel and toiletries so cannot comment on them, and did not pay for the room so difficult to reflect on quality of value.

I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: This was based on staying in room 19
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rob3_142
Dawlish, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Well the hotel is clean a phone call before we arrived was good so was looking forward to a good visit, but not what happened, told parking was available not there as such down a very narrow road to back of hotel. Many steps to access hotel not good, so we decided to park outside good job I have disabled badges even then it was hard to park, im aware parking in plymouth is bad , thats why we choose this place as we told parking was available, disappointed by this.next towels in room first day 2 only none there next day, no shower products available, only a bar of soap, had to go buy my own towel and shower products which was more expensive , if known would pack my own as we were only coming for 2 days try to travel light, told bar and room where you could sit with family , well still looking for bar, we there for a family reunion, so my aunt met at hotel couldnt even find someone to make us a drink, so we went over to my cousins hotel where we got tea coffee etc there we made to feel welcome wishing we booked there now,breakfast well not good eating my cereal cooked breakfast put down before I finished cereal so it went cold urg! I thought ok perhaps try it again next day husband just had toast as the breakfast the day before had given him a bad stomach, glad to leave as not what we hope for,went to other places for food we were a big group of 10 so hotel missed out on us spending money there.

Room Tip: Hope you can park take your own towels shower products as 2 available on first night none after that...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank diana f
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

This Guest house is ok we booked it for 9 weeks but around week 4 were told we hadn't booked any more weeks so we had to book else where. for a week and now on the last week which I made sure we had booked they have done the same thing and kicked us out. Since then i have found out that Plymouth is hosting the Fireworks Champs. and all the rooms have doubled in price. A trick I expect in somewhere like London but not Devon.

Room Tip: Make sure you get confirmation in writing
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business