“We were satisfated”

Ranked #23 of 80 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Kladno, Czech Republic
“We were satisfated”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel is calm and comfortemble. Staff is plesant. Breakfest was tasty and rooms were clear. For somebody mattresses should be uncom for table because they are soft. It wasn´t problem for me. Mrs. Margaret is very friendly and residence was wery smooth.
Ivana from Czech Republic

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I travelled with an excursion tour, we spent three nights at Kynance hotel. It is a nice place to spend night there, we were very satisfied with all service, delicious breakfasts and we met there polite and smiling faced personnel. Kynance hotel is near to Hoe, lighthouse and coast and Barbican as well. We would like to say many many thanks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Kynance is not a five star hotel, but you are looking at Bed and Breakfasts and so you are not looking for a five star hotel! I stayed at the Kynance at the begging of June 2013 and this review is from that time. I was there with a group of friends for a scuba diving weekend. We were going to be spending the days diving and the evenings talking and eating to give you some idea of how I used the room.

The room I had was in the eaves and quite warm when I entered. The room however had a window I could open and this brought in a refreshing breeze. Being in the eaves the room was not huge but also was not small, two friendly people could have shared it without too many problems. The room was clean with an onsuite shower and toilet. The room also had a kettle with coffee and tea making items and a television.

With room key and front door key in hand I went exploring the Hoe which is a short walk away with excellent views over the sea. The Marine aquarium is not far away and on the Hoe is a big wheel for excellent views over Plymouth.

The family who own and run the Kynance were very friendly and the breakfast in the mornings very plentiful. Breakfast is served from 0700 to 0900 and is quite extensive with a choice of cerials, coffee or tea or orange juice and a cooked breakfast with toast. As I was diving I do not like to have a very big breakfast as this has proved a problem in the past I also have a problem with wheat and lactose. With eggs, bacon and mushrooms on the menu I was very contented with my breakfast but other had the toast, beans and tomato as well, I hope I have not forgotten any of the breakfast items. A big meal could be had if it was your desire.

Parking is a problem near the Hoe but the Kynance has its own off street parking which is very handy. A great weekend was had with my group which the Kynance helped with. When I was there the Kynance was quite and peaceful and a great night sleep was had by all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
munich, germany
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great value in this large B&B run by a sociable family. A short walk to the centre of town is one of the highlights of staying here, along with the friendly and helpful family and staff that run the place. Free parking and hearty breakfast mean I would be more than happy to stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
Taplow
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Everyone receives a warm welcome at this long established B&B which is conveniently situated within walking distance of the Hoe, the shopping centre and the quay. It may not be boutique standard or trendy, the staff may not be sleek and clipped in their manners but it is homely and they are friendly and infinately helpful. All staff are willing to go that extra mile and the owners are not trying to squeeze every last £ out of you. The beds were comfortable, the pillows soft and I particularly noted the quality of the sheets which were lovely, soft and fine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shirley H
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Very chaotic place to stay, to many 15 + 16 year olds runing round the place utterly confused.
Rooms shabby & tired, with them horrible green 70s baths & basins breakfast again very chaotic & a lot of confusion the food very hit & miss good one day bad the next

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank terrysmith730
Alicante, Spain
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have just spent a week at the Kynance and found if to be a very friendly and homely hotel. I was given a choice of what room I wanted, although for single occupancy I was able to have a double at no extra cost at all. It was very warm and the bed was very comfortable, with a en-suite, coffee/tea making facilities, and a colour TV. and telephone. The breakfast was very good with a choice of English cooked or various choices. The staff were all very helpful and friendly.
I had known of this Hotel before I went to stay, as many years ago one of my Managers at the Company I worked for in Plymouth before retiring, lived at this Hotel for many years and always spoke highly of it. I would not hesitate to stay at this Hotel again when next I am in Plymouth,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo