“Friendly and welcoming. Mrs A Nosworthy”

Kynance House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #24 of 84 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Alicante, Spain
“Friendly and welcoming. Mrs A Nosworthy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have just spent a week at the Kynance and found if to be a very friendly and homely hotel. I was given a choice of what room I wanted, although for single occupancy I was able to have a double at no extra cost at all. It was very warm and the bed was very comfortable, with a en-suite, coffee/tea making facilities, and a colour TV. and telephone. The breakfast was very good with a choice of English cooked or various choices. The staff were all very helpful and friendly.
I had known of this Hotel before I went to stay, as many years ago one of my Managers at the Company I worked for in Plymouth before retiring, lived at this Hotel for many years and always spoke highly of it. I would not hesitate to stay at this Hotel again when next I am in Plymouth,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Audrey N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Didcot, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed 1 night at Kynance House B & B. There was some confusion when we booked in, finding keys etc, 1 man was running around like a headless chicken, needs more organising but saying that we had a comfortable room and the breakfast was excellent, full english, piping hot, hot water etc and staff very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Romford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Loved this place, was very friendly and nice and clean. Gave us a £10 discount as it was 1am in the morning that we arrived. The Jury's Inn was where we were meant to stay but found there was no booking on their system so ended up googling cheap B&B's and this one came up. Glad we stayed as they appreciated our custom. Would recommend to anyone staying in Plymouth.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights over Christmas. Excellent location with just a few minutes walk to the Hoe, Barbican and main shopping centre.
The owner Maggie was very helpful as was the manager Phil. Les and Diane cooked a great English breakfast. The quality of the rooms and decor was of a very high standard. Modern electric shower, LCD TV and a good quality bed and mattress. Highly recommended. I will be returning there again!.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mancsolihull
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed here quite a few times while away for work and was surprised at what great value it was. Each time I was put into a different room, so managed to try each. The rooms while maybe a little dated, had charm and where clean comfy and functional. Breakfast was a steal. The service was great, the waitresses very friendly, and the food was delicious. Just what I needed before a day at work! The location was fantastic!
I would stay again, and definitely recommend to any other solo travellers.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bluegrasstravel88
Falmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I'm a bit mystified by some of the reviews I had a fantastic experience. I was met out on the road and guided to the rear car park by the lovely manager who then showed me to a charming and immaculate ensuite bedroom (with very comfortable beds and an excellent shower ) and explained everything in detail .Later another friendly staff member gave me directions to walk into town coming outside to make sure I could see what he meant . Breakfast was superb generous and well presented andthe landlord even offered to move my car for me so that I could drive out easily from the rear car park after I had taken the short stroll to view the Hoe This place is brilliant value for money Lne of the best band bs Ive evr stayed in ..more like a small hotel really All the staff I met were lovely and nothing was too much trouble I enjoyed every moment of my stay I was staying to go to the ballet at the Theatre and will certainly do so again Thank you

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jo H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Staff were the best espeacialy the hot red head k was made to feel at home and would stay there again and again breKfast was great not along wait and rooms were spotless and cleaned daily and prompt for my week long stay looking forward to seeing them all again love mike the chef room 5 xx

• Stayed August 2012