“Brilliant find in amazing convenient close to Hoe and town”

Kynance House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #26 of 79 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I'm a bit mystified by some of the reviews I had a fantastic experience. I was met out on the road and guided to the rear car park by the lovely manager who then showed me to a charming and immaculate ensuite bedroom (with very comfortable beds and an excellent shower ) and explained everything in detail .Later another friendly staff member gave me directions to walk into town coming outside to make sure I could see what he meant . Breakfast was superb generous and well presented andthe landlord even offered to move my car for me so that I could drive out easily from the rear car park after I had taken the short stroll to view the Hoe This place is brilliant value for money Lne of the best band bs Ive evr stayed in ..more like a small hotel really All the staff I met were lovely and nothing was too much trouble I enjoyed every moment of my stay I was staying to go to the ballet at the Theatre and will certainly do so again Thank you

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jo H

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Staff were the best espeacialy the hot red head k was made to feel at home and would stay there again and again breKfast was great not along wait and rooms were spotless and cleaned daily and prompt for my week long stay looking forward to seeing them all again love mike the chef room 5 xx

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank mikechef1
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed at Kynance hotel last night. Lovely clean tidy hotel. Bedroom was spotless. Bathroom was lovely and clean. Breakfast was lovely. The staff are really friendly and can't do enough for you. I didn't see the young man with his butt cleavage showing and all staff were very clean and smartly dressed - I guess some people just expect too much !!!!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Nik F
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We were down on a diving trip to Plymouth. There were eight of staying in four rooms (twins and doubles).

Most of the hotel could do with redecorating. In our room (room 14) the bathroom could do with getting rid of the mould growing on the shower and the toilet seat slips off which is somewhat uncomfortable.

The breakfast is pretty dire. The eggs need properly cooking rather than just being shown the frying pan. And the lad that walks around with his trousers half way down his bottom showing cleavage and underpants ought to be sacked - street fashion is for the street not the dining room.

Room Tip: Some rooms are on very high floors. We're athletes that could manage the climb but some will str...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank witchieblackcat
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were not expecting this to be a great b&b, it was just the only place with a vacancy, what a shock it was great location could of not been any better the room was fantastic and very clean spotless, nice crisp clean bed linen and en suite was lovely powerfully hot shower. The room seemed very recently decorated could not fault it. Breakfast was also very good if you needed any thing it seemed you only had to ask. Yes the dining area and hallway seemed a bit dated but so what it was clean, the staff were very friendly . Yes the car parking was a bit tight and narrow but not a problem . My son is in the navy if ever we get the opportunity to go see him come home into Plymouth again I would deffinately stay at this b&b thanks to all at the kynance the Liddie family x

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Kazliddie
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Well I woz browsing on Tripadvisor about this hotel because I have stayed ere 3 times and trust me it gets worse every time!! By the way the last 4 reviews of this place are absolutely spot on! Rooms poor standard breakfast is hit and miss depending who's in the kitchen but some times can be very chaotic!! Wen serving the food a lot of confused staff for me the problem is to many 16 year olds who are out there depth!! And 2 many Polish who can't understand English.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank jclarkejc74
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We were advised too stay here by a dive centre in Plymouth.
The first port of call was parking the car.. which is a teenie car park down an alley at the back of the hotel... you have too park infront of outher cars, but they take your keys at reception and are fully insured to move them if needed.
Second was the really friendly staff, told us everything we needed too know.. breakfast times, What keys opens what doors etc etc.
Walking through the dining rooms everything was a bit dated but appeared clean and kept.
On arriving in the room I was pleasentally suprised! Really quite modern with a modern en-suite added too the room. Really Clean, Roomy, TV, and the most amazing nights sleep I've had in a long time. Really comfortable orthapedic matress, crisp new bed sheets.
Breakfast in the morning was lovely, good old fasioned English Full breakfast, but they were happy too make scrambled eggs etc for people asking.Cereals available.
All the staff were really friendly and happy to help.
Perfect location too being a 5 min walk too the lighthouse, a 10 min walk into city centre and a 15 min to the barbican.
Would defo stay here again :)
Great Value for money at £54 a night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple