Westwinds
$72
PremierInn.com
$50
Travelodge
All reviewsb bcity centrefriendly welcomestayed nightsper daywithin walking distancefree parkingphilhoeaccommodationguesthouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Westwinds, Plymouth
they were very welcoming of our dog and it was really close to the Hoe to take her for regular walks.
We were made very welcome, the room was clean and tidy, the breakfast in the morning was very tasty and location suited us perfectly for shopping in the town. it is also close to the Barbican for a meal out! For us, this meets all our needs of a good B&B
we would recommend Westwinds and would certainly stay there again if we are in Plymouth.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mark b
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was looking for a cheap, friendly, clean, comfortable place, where my little welsh terrier George would be welcome too, for an overnight stop on my way to Brittany. Westwinds was the first B&B that came up on my Google search for 'pet-friendly hotels in Plymouth'.
Apart from my dog being allowed to stay, I was looking for a clean room, comfortable bed and a powerful hot shower.
In all honesty I was not expecting much for the price, but I have to say that every single one of my boxes was ticked!
I cannot praise Phil and his staff more highly. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable and beautifully decorated. My room was next door to the shared shower room so I didn't have far to go for my morning ablutions! The room itself had a wash basin so I could clean my teeth and fill the kettle for a cup of tea.
The hotel itself is in a quiet street very close to the Hoe, where I took George for his walks. Parking was limited but the availability of cheap parking permits I was able to park just round the corner by the Hoe.
Breakfast was brilliant - the poached eggs were delicious. My dog was also welcome in the breakfast room, where he also ate his breakfast. The two resident spaniels Oscar and Molly added to the charm of the place.
Westwinds is an experience not to be missed - English hospitality at its very best, and at a very reasonable price - excellent value for money, in fact. I will be recommending Westwinds to all my friends, and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Juliette H
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Another stop on my walks along the South West Coast Path, and another cracking B&B.

The other reviews say it all - great hosts, excellent value and a great location. It really does feel like staying with friends rather than in a B&B - especially with such friendly dogs!

Excellent location just back from the Hoe and five minutes walk from a decent pub.

I had a twin room at the front. New ensuite, comfy bed and freeview TV. The Wi-Fi works as well as any I've used. Got woken up once or twice by noise from the road outside during the four day stay, but really not a problem.

Breakfast was excellent - freshly cooked and very tasty.

A couple of off-road parking spaces at the rear on a first come basis.

All in all a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Barlers
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I visited Plymouth for 2 nights in September 2012 and was looking for a B&B close to the city center, good food, comfortable and at good price.
I couldn't have chosen a better place.
WOW
I was so impressed with everything in this B&B.
From the welcome i got down to the tidiness of the room, everything was great.
The value for money was fantastic
i will definitely be returning

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lucy R
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We booked late, and the only room left was the very small twin room. Not to be compared with luxurious accomodation of course, but what can you expect for such a reasonable price? What I expect is spotless linen - tick - a clean bathroom where you can happily put your toothbrush down - tick, a comfortable bed - tick, and a fresh, well presented breakfast - tick. In addition, the family were very friendly, and I fell in love with Oscar the dog! However if you choose to stay here, you can expect to struggle with parking and don't expect a long menu for breakfast. But I have no complaints at all, we had a good night's sleep and left refreshed and happy.

Room Tip: The twin room was pretty small, I guess it is the last choice when all the other rooms are taken, but it is certainly good enough for a one nighter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple