“Lovely couple, fantastic bargain!”
Review of Rainbow Lodge

Rainbow Lodge
Ranked #7 of 79 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just left the rainbow lodge having had a lovely time! Sue and David are great hosts and we have not one bad thing to say about the experience.
Booking was very easy, at first didn't think they had room they adjusted some things and were able to offer us a room. Sent email confirmation was all very straightforward and hassle free!
Room- clean and homey. Bed very comfortable and bed linen nice and fresh. Provided a fan which was great as room was quite hot being humid in August.
Breakfast- I'm very fussy in terms of most food, but my fussiness was catered for brilliantly, good selection without being too much choice.

Plus fresh cafetier coffee in the morning is always a treat!

All in all great stay and will defiantly be booking in again. Thank you

• Stayed: August 2012
There are newer reviews for Rainbow Lodge

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Rainbow Lodge on our way to Cornwall. It's a really nice place with a small car park, cosy rooms and delicious breakfast. Good location also (close to the Hoe). Sue and Dave are great hosts. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stayed in the hotel with some friends on our last roadtrip.

The staff was very friendly. Good size room, room Clean & modern, comfortable beds...
Location is a bit far from the train station but you can get a taxi for 5 pounds.

Great breakfast

good value for money :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were a party of 3 ladies enjoying a shopping trip to Plymouth and stayed overnight at the Rainbow Lodge, from the moment we arrived we were made to feel extremely welcome by the Landlady, Sue. She showed us to our room, which I have to say was immaculately clean and very spacious. I am quite a fussy person when it comes to cleanliness, but I did not need to have any concerns, because the room was spotless.
The room we chose had breakfast included, the dining room again was clean, bright and spacious. Everything was on offer, and catered for all tastes. The breakfast was very tasty and filling.
I would highly recommend this lovely, quaint guest house to anyone staying in Plymouth, you are very close indeed to the Barbican and the Hoe, and around a 15 minute stroll to the town centre.
Thank you to Sue and Dave for a warm welcome and a thoroughly enjoyable stay, you value your guests and it is appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dippydame
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed at Rainbow Lodge over the Jubilee weekend, at arrival we were very nicely welcomed by Sue and Dave. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the breakfast really good. We did not realize the breakfast was not included in the price of the room but for 3 pound each we had a very good filling meal. It was obvious Sue and Dave were taking care of their guests in a very genuine way, they are the best b&b owner we have ever come across with (and we travel a lot!).
We only stayed for one night but we wish we could have stayed more.
Really a fantastic place to stay with fantastic value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I needed to visit my son in a hurry down Plymouth, as he'd been in a road accident.

Rainbow Lodge popped up on Expedia, with good ratings, so I managed to get booked in.

The place is a credit to the industry - Dave phoned me whilst I was travelling down to check when I expected to be there, and also gave me precise walking directions from the railway station.

I had managed to get one of the rooms with a king sized bed in it - this was extremely comfortable that I managed to sleep like I do at home.

The room was just the right size, with everything needed for a short stay. Everything was clean, nothing was broken.

I met Sue the next day at breakfast, and one of the first things she asked was how my son was doing - she also asked again about him when i was leaving - a nice personal touch.

Breakfast was very good - good choice, and the cooked breakfast was just the right size.

Well done Sue and Dave - I shall and stay with you again when I go to Plymouth.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the back - it's a lot quieter - apart from the gulls!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My son was traveling from portsmouth to plymouth before catching the train back to scotland..we conntacted the lodge on his behalf...no credit on his phone...and booked a single room for him, we explained his train wouldnt be in till well after 10pm..they gave him code to keysafe and left him instructions..then called us to say they would look after him... he found the room to be spotless and the bed comfy...the shower was hot and the bathroom clean..for a small fee of £3 they provided him with a full english to fuel him for his 12 hour journy home... he said he would highly recomend this guesthouse, and may use it in future...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo