“Excellent find” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 83 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Surrey, UK
“Excellent find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed 1 night with our daughter ahead of a University visit. Had booked a double and a single but were given 2 doubles. Very warm welcome received and a pot of tea / biscuits upon arrival gratefully received. Had booked on the back of other reviews on this site and have to support the previous comments made.

Very comfortable rooms and an excellent breakfast provided. Very highly recommended – will certainly use again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DMRA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Towcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was dropping my son off at Plymouth University and needed somewhere to spend the night close to his digs. In the week of New Year, it was a little difficult finding somewhere that was open, and unfortunately some guest houses in Plymouth have now closed down.
Since I regularly go to Plymouth, I like to have a number of B&B's I can be comfortable in booking, in the event one is not available. Poppy's now on my list. Diane, the owner, is lovely. She works so hard to maintain her premises.
The guest house is on a small side street close to the Hoe between Citadel Road and Notte Street. I had booked a single room, but when I arrived she put me in a double room for no extra charge. She also told me I could park at the back of the building, which was really convenient. The room was of good size, comfortable bed, good storage, with a lavatory with sink and seperate shower cubicle.
Breakfast in the morning was delicious, with plenty of cafetiere coffee. There was a selection of cereals, yoghurts and Diane's cooked to order hot breakfast to set me up for the day.
I am a huge fan of guest houses now. Why stay in a hotel when you can get better in a small guest house, where you are made to feel so at home. I would not hesitate to recommend Poppy's to those reading this review or to any friends that I know visiting Plymouth.
Thank you, Diane.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ChinoHills-MK
Derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have been staying at Poppy's every year for five years now. As always, Diane could not do enough for us. The rooms are spotless, breakfast wonderful and location brilliant.

Poppy's is excellent value for money - I recommend anyone looking for a place to stay in Plymouth to give Diane a call.

I look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnneDerbyshire
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

The room was comfortable, clean. We arrived late afternoon saturday to a very warm welcome from Diane, a lovely pot of hot tea, biscuits. The breakfast was more than expected. Excellent value for the money we paid. We would certainly stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle H
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had a fall days before arriving in Plymouth resulting in damaging my knee. I phoned ahead to let Diane know and she could not have been more helpful. Our room was changed to one with more easy access and taxis were called when we needed one. This is a lovely, clean, welcoming guesthouse which also serves a great breakfast! Thankyou.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

The owner made us feel very welcome when we recently came for the Graduations at the University. Diane the owner made us feel very welcome and even let us use the breakfast area for our food when we arrived after our long trip. The room was great and the breakfast was great.
This guest house is close to the Hoe and the city centre.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This guest house is perfect for anyone wishing to stay central in Plymouth, with parking and a very homely atmosphere. The lady in charge was very friendly and most approachable, who had thought of every detail. The rooms were tidy and clean with everything you could need. The breakfast was superb, freshly cooked yumminess to start the day. The stay was far above my expectations, I would highly recommend a visit!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo