“Stayed in far better B&B's in Plymouth for same money” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avalon Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
Avalon Guest House
Ranked #72 of 83 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Stayed in far better B&B's in Plymouth for same money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

Room was ok, but the mattresses were very, very uncomfortable and we could feel the springs even when sleeping on top of the quilt. The breakfast, including the tea, although cooked perfectly, was horrible and I suspect, was made using the cheapest you could buy. This is the 4th B&B we have tried in the area and it is the worst. The only good point is it's location.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alibeck11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

You pay for what you get here. Standard single room - fine if you just need somewhere to lay your head although the matresss is extremely uncomfortable in my opinion. The sink, whilst useful having one in the room, hadn't been cleaned and still contained someone's whiskers in it when I moved in. A tiny piece of soap provided - no shower gel. The upstairs bathroom which is used by those rooms which don't have an ensuite wasn't cleaned whilst I was there. The toilet was dirty and not cleaned during my stay - no toilet brush to clean the toilet.

The best thing for what I needed for my trip was that it has free wifi. The location, on the hoe, is excellent.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank an0n26

Travelers are raving about these Plymouth hotels

Worthing, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

This is not a 4 star hotel, it might only be a 3 star guest house and could do with some minor decorating fixes, the rooms were clean and we had 3 of the rooms for the family so a good selection. The family thought it ok, and breakfast was fine. Would use it again

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank JohnCEEllis
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

I stayed here on a two night trip. The room was very small with low ceilings. There were two plug sockets one could only be used for the TV as the plug had broken in it, the other had to be used for the side light, alarm clock and/or kettle. Although I knew in advance of the shared bathroom I did expect it to be on the same floor not two lower! The shower was small and Obviously wasn't cleadne between guest use. The WC on the same floor as my room was so small that you could hardly move in it.
The one redeeming feature was the breakfast that was lovely and served HOT not just warm and had obviously been cooked fresh to order.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank m4rg0
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

Hi just stayed at the avalon for the night ,right on Plymouth Hoe .Very welcoming couple who run this b &b.This is not the sleekest place but its good value for money ,the room was very small but clean and well maintained.The breakfast was very good .Thanks Avalon i will be staying again and keep up the good work.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank kjfletcher2003
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2010

In a nutshell I can't fault my stay at the Avalon guest house.the owner she is very helpful and all in all I was happy staying in there.my only complaint is that the pillows were clean but you could smell the grease from other peoples hair..other than that I liked my stay.

• Stayed June 2010
chippenham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2009

I regularly stay at The Avalon and a friend drew my attention to a couple of negative reviews on this site. I was worried that standards might have slipped since my last visit but I need not have. Louise and her staff ensured that my comfort and requirements during my stay were always met. My room was of the usual high standard of cleanleness and the much looked forward to "avalon breakfast" certainly did not dissappoint. Great stay as usual.

Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
LouisemPlymouth, Owner at Avalon Guest House, responded to this review, January 17, 2010
Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind comments.

We are always delighted to welcome our regular guests back to The Avalon and are pleased that we are continuing to provide you with a high standard of service and accommodation.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.