All reviews no lift street parking superior room lovely hotel flights of stairs small hotel single room cooked breakfast breakfast was included breakfast staff city centre top floor breakfast room family room comfortable bed barbican area nice breakfast
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

I am currently staying at this hotel and can’t praise it enough! The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are nice and clean and the breakfasts are delicious. Add that to its location and it’s now going to be my go to place to stay in Plymouth. There is on street parking just outside the hotel and on streets nearby, there is charge of £5 per day for a permit - I don’t think this is too bad considering it’s location which is just 50 yards from the Hoe! A lovely part of Plymouth with much to see and do. All in all I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
Paul B, Owner at The Grosvenor Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Plymouth.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

I stayed in a very small single - room 4 but adequate for my needs. Fully equipped and scrupulously clean bathroom and all amenities I needed,. For the price I paid, exceptional value. However, the real win with this hotel is the outstanding customer service displayed. I checked in tonight with Jessica - she was also dealing with other customers but she could not do enough for any of us - absolutely first rate customer service and I was very impressed. I wish every hotel in the UK could clone Jessica and her can do attitude, then we could absolutely wallop our competitors right out of the park. Please reward this lady hugely and bottle what she offers to her guests as every one of us made a comment about how impressed we were.

Room Tip: ask for best room available on that rate. My single room very basic but very clean so no complaints
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
Paul B, Manager at The Grosvenor Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a fantastic review!

I have passed your wonderful comments on to Jessica. I am so pleased that you had such a positive experience with us.

We hope to welcome you back to 'The Grosvenor' if you find yourself in Plymouth again in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

We returned again on another university visit and as before a great place to stay. It is well positioned for The Hoe and a short walk to the Barbican. Rooms are always clean and the staff great. On street parking is getting busier but still managed to get parked near by. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Paul B, Owner at The Grosvenor Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review!

I am really pleased you had another great stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again on your next visit to Plymouth!

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Grosvenor for 2 nights for my sons wedding. Excellent location close to the Hoe and city centre. Cannot fault this hotel, staff very helpful and a lovely breakfast. Will definitely stop here again when next in this area.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Paul B, Owner at The Grosvenor Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

I've stayed here four times now. It's usually 100-120 for a nice double and £60 odd pounds for a single. So this is quite pricy. The location is fab and the hotel clean and staff very good. But!!!! There is no air con, no fridge in room and the bathrooms are average. I tried to have a shower It was a shower bath. I'm 6-2 and I couldn't fit under the shower and there was no decent pressure. At breakfast there was no butter. Apparently they had run out and were waiting for a delivery later in the day. So go get some then !! At £120 for the room my Mum wanted butter with her croissant ,,, and why not. Very disappointed in the staff response. We ordered scrambled eggs which were dry and tasteless. Big mistake. The bacon was lovely and generous but the sausage a bit gristly. J recon you can judge a hotel breakfast by the eggs, the sausage and the butter. So not good here ! So although the stay was ok it was average this time. For the money spent, £120 for a deluxe double and £60 for a
Single I think it was average value for money and despite staying here 4 times I will probably sacrifice the great location and go for a better value and higher quality hotel next time . You need to step it up guys - otherwise you will become the latest conversion into luxury flats near The Hoe.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us on this occasion.

Our prices do rise during the Summer months and booking with external agents like you did is always costlier than coming to us direct.

We don't advertise that we provide air conditioning or fridges in any of our rooms. We have been experiencing warmer weather recently, and fans are available from reception to help with this.

We did run out of butter portions on the morning of your breakfast. I apologise for this, we had a problem with our delivery. There were flora portions available, but I'm sorry this wasn't an acceptable alternative for you.

We source as many of our breakfast ingredients as locally as possible. Our eggs are free range and we don't season our scrambled eggs as we feel this is a personal preference. Salt and pepper is on every table.

The prices of our Superior Rooms fluctuate from as little as £79 during the Winter months. I hope you decide to give us another try on your next trip to Plymouth.

General Manger