“Great B&B - Bed comfy & Breakfast substantial!!”

Squires Guest House
Ranked #12 of 79 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed recently for just the one night to visit my son & grand daughter - enjoyed my stay with no problems whatsoever. Friendly owners who feed you well in the morning (didn't need to eat again until the evening, even though my son almost forced a 2nd breakfast on me at Captain Jaspar's on our walk to the Barbican..................................................)

Will happily stay at Squires again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Dave and Paula couldn't do enough for us while we stayed with them this weekend.
I thought the guest house was further away from the town centre than it actually was so getting to the shopping centre was only minutes away as too was the sea front and hoe.
The room was very clean, comfortable and well stocked.
The breakfast was fantastic and everything was cooked to order.
We wanted to find a nice steak restaurant and dave recommended one and even phoned up to book it for us.
I have no hesitation in recommending squires and if I stay Plymouth again I will not be looking anywhere else.
Thank you very much dave and Paula.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My English cousin and myself(American) stayed two nights in this lovely Victorian guest house. What a wonderful experience! Dave and Paula were charming hosts who made you feel right at home. They are "naturals" at what they do. We had lots of fun interacting with them, And what a great breakfast we had. Loved Dave's chef attire. Our room was immaculate, beds comfortable and great hot water to take a shower with. The location is close to the Barbican, City Center and the Hoe. The place has a small intimate quality about it. I would definitely recommend The Squires Guest House and would stay there again if in Plymouth. To Dave and Paula, thank you
for such a wonderful time and watching out for us ladies! Liz D.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank 34Liz
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed three nights. Dave and Paula are great hosts. The B&B is in a good location, being not far from the Barbican and the city centre and is close to the Hoe. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable and the sound of the seagulls reminded us that we were close to the sea. The breakfast was very good and Dave revealed how he cooks such a good poached egg. He even offered to give us a lift to the railway station. Above all, it is very good value and we look forward to staying again in Squires Guest House before too long.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

we checked in for one night only on 27.07.2013, as we were attending a party at the local yacht club on that evening, and we needed a place to stay close to the venue. I must say this has to be one of plymouths best b & b's. Well cooked breakfast,very comfortable bed, the room had been cleaned to a very high standard. Dave & Paula really know how to run a guest house. As a chef myself and a former b&b owner, I know quality when i see it. This place has it. A great friendly couple who provide first class service. we would come back again and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay when in plymouth. thanks for a great stay and the lift you gave us to the royal william yard today. once again thanks for a great weekend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This guest house deserves to be up at the top of the list. Not that we've stayed in them all but there must be something extraordinary with others to beat this one. The owners are very welcoming without being intrusive and 'helpful' just doesn't come close. Dave even took us for a tour! If you are looking for the modernity of a 'Novotel' this wont be for you but if you are looking for a lovely Victorian Guest House with attentive hosts then this is for you. Very good value for money and easily booked. Ideally located between town centre, The Hoe and the Barbican, would definitely recommend others come and stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 11, 2013

the beds were so comfy, the owners were fab! breakfast was amazing, fresh coffee and fantastic poached eggs. it was a really warm eve so my room was hot but very clean and had everything I needed

will return on my next trip to Plymouth and recommend to others

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business