All reviews the penthouse holiday inn the marco pierre white restaurant the club lounge top floor executive room car park shower screen chocolate bar larger car reception bar massive room tiny bathroom sauna and steam room duty manager pleasant hotel good size
Selected filters
Reviewed March 24, 2019

Had to wait one hour for starter, which was tasty when it arrived. A further hour before my Roast Beef , 4 slices , only 1 edible, the other 3 being as tough as shoe leather. Waiter offered replacement but I could not wait a further hour, Pretty poor show for a celebrity -chef endorsed restaurant

Trip type: Traveled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2019

Hi Wingfield77,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience and choosing to stay with us.

It's disappointing to know that your dining experience wasn't perfect and I'm so sorry. It's been our mission to offer our valued guests like you with a delectable dish. To ensure that the same situation will be avoided in the future, I've already shared your feedback with our dining teams for immediate action.

I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better experience upon your return, Wingfield77.

All the best,

Peter J.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Very pleasant hotel with great views from the Penthouse restaurant and an excellent self-serve breakfast. Without exception the staff (including housekeeping) were friendly and the service was very good. My room was on 10th floor and was very comfortable, albeit a little cold, with the only heating being a giant wall-mounted fan - with no instructions, so spent the first night cold and the second night restless as the fan wouldn't turn off! Talking about fans, the bathroom was tiny and didn't have a fan, so after a shower, the mirror was useless. Bed was huge and amazingly comfy though - overall, better than a "budget" place - location next to the Hoe and just up from the shops made it very accessible.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

Booked two family rooms for two family’s of four and both were great. Two very comfortable large king beds in each room and an excellent “living area” with fridge chairs table tv etc in front.. good lighting, great bathroom, good bar/restaurant and a brilliant swimming pool/sauna/steam room etc... the location is very good a minutes walk from the Hoe and plenty of places to eat and drink nearby.. convenient parking under the hotel.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2019

On arrival I found that the air conditioning in my room could only be set to heat. I enquired at reception and was told that the system was set for heat only for the entire hotel.

I like a cool room so pay the extra for a hotel with air conditioning. Even in winter months I generally find hotel rooms too warm as the building retains heat. I was given a fan but I could have stayed in a Travelodge far more cheaply if I had wanted to sit in an un-air conditioned room with a fan running all night.

Like many hotels who are limiting guest control of air conditioning, I imagine that the response will be that this is for environmental reasons (which just helpfully also happen to save the hotel money). If that is the policy they wish to pursue then they are free to do so but it is false advertising to state that guest rooms are air conditioned and then deny that facility to the guest.

I suggest that the hotel changes it's website to say something such as "Rooms have air conditioning which is made available to guests when the hotel decides that it is appropriate". That would be honest.

I've stayed in this hotel about nine or ten times over the past five years but I will not be back. I don't stay at places that advertise and charge for services that they then don't allow the guest to use.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Hi StevePSunderland,

Thank you for your stay and for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to see the high rating you gave to our staff service and cleanliness.

I am sorry to hear that the A/C system did not work well during your stay. I know how uncomfortable this would be. Our maintenance have been informed of your situation and will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

We appreciate you as our guest and hope we can welcome you back and provide you with a better experience in the future.

Best,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

We came for the NODA Event & decided to make a weekend of it. The reception staff were very welcoming & gave us instructions on parking the car. Omg the car park was small & narrow. Our room was lovely in size & nice & clean. It had all we needed & more. The bathroom was small but okay. The drinks were expensive & the service on the Saturday night event was mega slow. The food was disappointing & again a slow service.
We booked through bookings.com as it was cheaper than the hotel price it’s self.