“Well located and spotlessly clean family run guest house”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
The Bowling Green, Plymouth
Ranked #42 of 78 Plymouth B&B and Inns
“Well located and spotlessly clean family run guest house”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

A 10 minute stroll through the park and you are in the area with all the restaurants in town. This spotless hotel offers affordable and comfortable accommodation with a visible commitment to quality from the owners. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Essex lady
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My friend and I were looking for a reasonably priced but good quality B&B to stay for our well earned break and we definitely found it here. Having travelled down to Plymouth by train we found The Bowling Green Hotel to be central and conveniently placed to walk around Plymouth, but in a nice quiet area facing the Hoe. We received a very warm welcome and our twin room was very nicely decorated, clean and comfortable, with a lovely modern ensuite, the towels were changed daily, TV tea making facilities etc. The hotel also has a comfortable lounge area with a large TV if you don't want to relax outside of your room. Breakfast was enjoyable and substantial enough to last us most of the day. Tom, the hotel's proprieter was very knowledgeable about the area and gave us some good tips for getting around and what to do and see. As we didn't plan to leave for London until late afternoon on our checkout day, Tom let us keep our key and was more than happy to look after our belongings until we were ready to go, which we thought was very kind, and this enabled us to go out and about and enjoy Plymouth for a bit longer. All in all we had a very enjoyable weekend and we were made very welcome. I would definitely return if the opportunity arises in the future.

Room Tip: A room facing the Hoe has good views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

A family run hotel, great friendly people who made we feel extremely welcome. Didn't have time for breakfast but still offered one to go which was great. Rooms very comfy and very clean. Defiantly my 1st choice for future visits to Plymouth.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Croydon
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Well I have to say this is a little gem of a B&B that I could not recommend high enough , we arrived early and were made to feel very welcome and didn't have to wait to book in. The room was spacious clean and everything you will require. The location is great being directly on the Hoe and walking distance from the city centre and Barbican . The breakfast is one of the best I've had outside my own house. We will definitely return and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. :-)

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had a great time and best experience staying at the bowling green. Tom, the owner, is a very lovely guy and also his wife and staffs. We stayed on the second floor. The room is massive and great view. The room and the bathroom is very clean and the bed is so comfortable and breakfast is not to be missed!!!

Winchester
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed recently at the Bowling Green Hotel for my son's graduation ceremony at The Hoe. I had single occupancy of a double room which was small but extremely clean and comfortable. Tom's welcome was warm and informative and I was given a key to the hotel for access at all times. I was also able to park outside the hotel and purchase a very affordable all day/night parking permit. Easy walk into town and the Barbican and a perfect situation for The Hoe - literally a one minute walk. Breakfast was plentiful, beautifully cooked and presented. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Bowling Green as a very affordable, pleasant stay and I look forward to returning.
Anne Wood

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My friend,my daughter and I stayed 5nights as we got my daughter set up in her residence for university. As we are from Canada we had a lot of shopping to do as we could not bring most things you would to university. Tom was very helpful in where to shop and eat. The room was clean and comfortable. The shower was clean and powerful. Breakfast was delicious everyday. Would definitely stay again. Just far enough from the university so you are not in the student area but close enough to walk easily.