“Avoid at all costs, food poisoning then shouted at by owner”
Review of Royal Garden - CLOSED

Royal Garden
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I went to one of my OLD favourite resturants with my boyfriend, and my days how the standards have dropped. The buffet was meant to be freshly replaced 15 minutes before we arrived yet the food looked like it had been there for a long time, was chewy/greasy/sloppy. We ate a little and left quickly and later on that night and for the proceeding two days I had the worst food poising Ive ever had.
I rang the resturant twice to ask for a refund and apology and both times I was fobbed off by staff saying the owner would call me back. Finally I went in with my reciept just to be shouted at down the phone by 10 mins by 'Mr Chan(g?)' who said I was a liar, I was not entitled to a refund and generally just being extremely aggressive and rude.
All in all this has gone from a resturant Id recommend to one I would warn against at all costs.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

This chinese is mostly for the chinese who want Dim Sum. not surprisingly Din SUm doesn't pay enough on its own there are just not enough chinese in the area, So they had to reinvent themselves with a all you can eat section. if you can be brave enough order from the chinese menu. excellent Dim Sim and rice dishes. A unique place to eat outside of a large city.

2  Thank jmincent
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I eat there a couple of times a month when I'm in the city

The comments on the staff are truly out of order - they've always been friendly and welcoming

I've eaten at lunch times (mostly) and evenings occasionally

Food quality is good 90+% of the time - I only recall 1 occasion when a couple of dishes were on the cool side and that's when there weren't many customers there
*** This will happen at any buffet style restuarant
Food quality now ashigh as at THE VIEW but at 2/3 the price is good value for money

2  Thank footlooseincornwall
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I have been coming here almost every Monday to Friday lunch times for the past 6 months since opening my shop on the Barbican. I even bring my partner here most Friday or Saturdays.

Now I don't normally write reviews but I had to this time because of some of the negative comments on here are ridiculous! I know we are entitled to free speech but take it from someone who goes there a lot.

In terms for good quality food, extremely pleasant talkative staff and not to mention very good value for money, Royal gardens is the place to go.

One review here says contaminated food!!! What a load of crap! Yes of course......I'm now I'm my death bed as I'm typing this!! What rubbish. Seriously, I always go for the buffet for my lunch. They are always refreshing the food and always happy to fill a dish that I want. My favourite choice is the All you can eat buffet. My lady (she will read this) and I loves that.

So........from a regular customer who is very familiar with the restaurant but shamefully never thanked the staff properly, I want you try Royal gardens just once and tell me I'm wrong.

Please go there and enjoy.

P.s......The person on here saying there was a bug in restaurant........keep it at home next time. I don't even get so much of a fly in my soup when I'm there!

5  Thank WildECoyote
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I wrote a review about this place before but not on here. I had such a terrible experience in the way i felt a need to share my thoughts once again with everyone. As you walk into the restaurant the the floor was oilly - my mother almost slipped! The food was disgusting - greasy and sloppy ,the service was poor and the waitresses were rude and spoke very little of english when it comes to my complaint !!!! My mother was very upset as the evening was ruined by the rude staff when i pointed out that our drinks were wrongly charged and no apologies were given!!! I would never go there again

1  Thank Bobbycalis