“Why is this this restaurant so highly rated?” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zeus

Zeus
Ranked #49 of 702 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
plymouth UK
“Why is this this restaurant so highly rated?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I really don't understand why this restaurant is so highly rated? Maybe i went on an off night, or ordered the wrong things.....One thing is for sure this wasn't a pleasant experience. i had dolmades for starters, dry tasteless and so obviously over microwaved, took at least 5 minutes before i could touch it. Hubby had whitebait for starters which were over fried and again tasteless.

For main i had lamb chops, which were in fact quite tasty. However let down by soggy chips which were, quite frankly disgusting. Hubby went for the Sea bass, no way was this fresh.....frozen all the way and again tasteless.

There are so many better restaurants in Plymouth, give this one a wide berth please... or if you do go, don't pick any of the above!

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Praze-An-Beeble, United Kingdom
“Lunch at Zeus Plymouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

We arrived at Zeus for lunch on the 15th February and cannot fault it. Upon arrival we were directly shown to our table and asked if we would like to order drinks. Given adequate time to view the extensive menu our order was then taken (we had the 3 course option) and came quickly and without any problems. I would consider the restaurant excellent value for money and the quality of the food was a very good standard. Friendly staff and attentive to customer needs.

• Visited February 2014
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Visited the restaurant with a group of friends. I had the Porterhouse steak which was pleasant enough but it was not the best Steak I have ever had (that reward goes to Club A Steakhouse in New York.) The service was rushed and not what I would call unfriendly but more just going through the motions which didn't give an enjoyable dining experience, for me good service is very imporant. To be fair the female waitress (who was not ours) was very attentive and friendly may be she should train the rest of them?? My friends who had various dishes some were pleased with what they had and felt the food was adequate but not out of this world. This is my second visit and both times I have left feeling underwhelmed. To be fair the Banoffee Pie was the best part of my meal. I would not choose to come back when there are nice places to eat just a few doors up, due to the service being poor we did not leave a tip and this was met with sarcasm why would anyone tip poor service.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ginge1983
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Best meal ive had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Great meal; I had the scampi and stole half one of my friends steak too! And im not a big eater. Food seriously yummy. Would definitely recommend. Also great for kids. Staff patient and friendly.

• Visited December 2013
Plymouth
“Meal with Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Two couples going out for a Meal on a Sunday.
Service was excellent.
Quality of the Food was Good, we all had a different choice from the Menu.

A very nice evening with our Friends, SHALL RETURN.

• Visited January 2014