“A little Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zeus

Zeus
Ranked #49 of 702 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Plymouth
“A little Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I had the most amazing meal with my family here a few weeks ago.
Service was very friendly, the prices were very reasonable and the atmosphere was very relaxed.
The thing that made my visit so pleasurable though was the quality of the food.
I have 3 fussy children and a picky wife so eating out can sometime be a chore, what with trying to please everyone.
Not so at Zeus.
All for of my family came away happy and I can honestly say hand on heart, that it was one of the best meals I have eaten in a long while.
Everything was cooked to perfection.
I look forward to visiting again

2 Thank RobertW1980

cornwall
“Always great.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

As always the food was fantastic, staff friendly great value for money.If your in Plymouth your must try Zeus.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank sue5665Cornwall
“Worth it just for the wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We had eaten here a few weeks ago when the restaurant was packed and the staff managed to squeeze us in. Then we had the meze to share and enjoyed everything but the outstanding thing was the wine, gorgeous Ozzy Shiraz under £20 a bottle. It wasn't so busy on our latest visit so we had a table in the main restaurant rather than the bar area. Excellent service, still got the Shiraz on the wine list. Our calamari starter was lovely, a plate each of fresh crispy squid in a light batter with no heavy sauces, perfect! Our mains were excellent too, trio of mixed kebab which my husband cleared so it must have been good and Steak Diane for me, which was an enormous portion. A huge piece of tasty rump steak with a delicious sauce, rice, carrots, peas and red cabbage.
We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, the restaurant was clean and tidy and the decor is tasteful, and the Greek music is just right!

1 Thank Miabelle
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“All round excellence.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We recently took our 15 year old Grandson for a meal at Zeus.On arrival we were greeted by the owners son who was both polite and friendly without being in your faceas are the rest of the staff.Our order, gammon for our Grandson and chicken for my husband and myself were delivered without too much delay and cooked to perfection.The sweets are mouthwatering.The restaurant itself is tastefully decorated and the lighting not so dark that you can't see what you are eating.We highly recommend Zeus and will not hesitate in recommending it to friends and family,likewise visitors looking for somewhere to eat.

1 Thank Stephen H
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Truly dreadful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Though the starters were edible, we were lulled into a ales sense of security and were looking forward to our main course. My daughters chicken was so dry and dopey it was in edible, when mentioned to waitress she retorted that it was fresh....huh, so what, it was poorly cooked. Sun in laws 'scampi' was tasteless and the mayonnaise he was given had a thick skin on it, when mentioned to the waitress she became unresponsive. My meal of mushroom stroganoff was not hot, however, given the previous responses from staff I paid bill and left. Will not return.

5 Thank janeandpoppy