“Deep clean required, apartment smells.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
Plymouth Serviced Apartments
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This place has tons of potential, spoilt by poor cleanliness. Checked in and noticed immediately a stale smell, primarily of tobacco. Clearly the previous inhabitants had been smoking heavily in the apartment. The balcony was absolutely filthy, strewn with fag ends and ash. I phoned the property manager (very helpful) who said he would tell the cleaner to sort it out in the morning. I also noticed the oven interior was filthy, the oven dish/tray was caked with grease/burnt food - I left this on the balcony, hoping the cleaner would see it and clean it.
There was also a broken table inside the apartment.
Came back the next afternoon, the cleaner had picked up some of the fag ends (not all) but the balcony is still not fit to walk on, it still requires a sweep and thorough mopping. The oven dish was left dirty. In exasperation I walked to the local poundland, bought cleaning gear and air fresheners and wiped all surfaces clean to try to eradicate the stale smell. Ive also cleaned the oven dish/tray.
The bed is also sub standard, and the carpet is stained.
This place has great potential, it just needs firmer management, a new bed, a new bedroom carpet and a massive increase in cleanliness standards.
Clearly the managerial checks between tenants moving in and out are lacking.
On the positive side the bathroom is fine, and broadband is excellent. Close to the city centre shops/pubs etc.
Would not recommend this place due to the reasons stated above and that it is very noisy, being next to a major roundabout in Plymouth. There is also no parking.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul_Travelling_Pom

Reviewed December 6, 2010

I have used Plymouth serviced apartments twice now, most recently for a 3 week business trip. The location is ideal for working in and around the city center and I find having your own kitchen and living room makes being away from home much easier. I was also surprised the free broadband was as fast as it was, very helpfull indeed. The apartments are always clean and tidy and the service is great, I was given a mobile number to call for any problems 24/7.
Also the fresh pint of milk waiting for you in the fridge is always a nice touch as the first thing I wanted after a 4 and a half hour drive was a coffee!
I will be using them again

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2010

We had the unfortunate misfortune of staying here for a long period of time!

At first we thought it was a great little apartment, that lasted all of 5 minutes.

The bathroom is full of mould and far from clean, we had to remove people’s hair from the plug hole just so the water would go down the plug hole. As far as the weekly clean (which turned out to be when they could be bothered) it wasn’t really a clean more off a wipe around. We where given one toilet roll between to of us for a week, so its not really a “serviced” apartment.

The kitchen! We had to wash everything before using it, everything was filthy, and the bin had mouldy food under the bin bag making the kitchen/dinner stink.

It is also extremely noisy at night due to it being on Exeter Street.

Overall I would not recommend staying here, I’m sure you can find much better.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple