“closed again”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Turned up for pre booked lunch today 6/1/13 to find restaurant closed. This also happened to us at the begining of Dec 2012. I had eaten at the restaurant on Christmas day and had a very nice meal and then booked for Sunday lunch today. Bear in mind that we have been regular customers for the last 18 years [ at least once every two weeks ] they have our phone number but no one could not be bothered to tell us that our booking wouldn't be honoured . Will not be eating there again.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Following a theatre visit I wanted somewhere to eat and had passed this restaurant earlier and seen it didn't close until 11pm so looked ideal. When I arrived I was the only person in the restaurant, a few people came in for takeaways while I was there.

And I enjoyed a very good Chinese meal, the quality and portion size couldn't be faulted, nicely presented and with friendly service.

I started with hot and sour soup, the crispy duck which was beautifully taken off the bone in front of me, then pork and noodle. All very tasty.

1  Thank CharlieTheChaplain
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very surprised to see some bad reviews for this restaurant. I have always used the Hoe Cantonese for it's takeaway service, and so have many friends of mine. I nearly always order the same thing, simply because it's so good; "Crispy Chicken in Shallot Sauce".

The portions of this particular dish are simply enormous and tasty. If I recall correctly, with rice, this order comes to barely over £6. It's so big that I only eat half (and I don't have a small appetite), so this one order can serve two people.

Also, I am able to ask for my order to be MSG Free. Ideal for those who are particularly health-conscious.

1  Thank avery123
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This used to be lovely little Chinese HOWEVER, never have I had so many bad experiences with a Chinese takeaway. I'm in the middle of waiting for a takeaway-1hour and 50 mins and counting. Called countless time, useless staff.
I have been a fool to order again after last appalling service but NEVER AGAIN.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Ordered a takeaway to be delivered.when it did arrive the ingreident's consisted of prossesed blown chicken,bulked up with uncooked vegtable's.chicken satay skewer's that were cooked to the exstent that there was more moisture in the stick,than in the chicken.beef rangdang that had fatty beef,more uncooked vegtable's.chip's that over cooked.ect,ect.but that's enough about the poor food.called then to tell them about this debacle, to be told that the food,was in thier opinon exellent.I then took there takeaway back to them.they then agreed that it was unaceptable,but refused to remburse me.they then phoned the police,who turned up.12 officer's to be precise.
to escort me from the resturant,in full veiw of other people dineing.So if you dine here,dont complane,or you too could possibly be arrested.TERRIBLE RESTURANT.

3  Thank Lee c