“Very nice food and friendly staff”
Review of Veneziana - CLOSED

Veneziana
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Very nice food and friendly staff”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I went here with my sister for a meal recently and found the food to be amazing and the staff to be very friendly. However I should point out that we were the only customers in there at the time which does tend to increase the level of service but I cannot fault any part of our experience.

The food was very very good and the pricing was very reasonable - we were expecting the bill to be somewhat higher.

Recommended!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank voyager8472

• Polish first
“dont waste your money”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Went here for works Christmas meal, appalling I know its Christmas & you don't get a lot for your money , but you should. Menu looked promising. Had scallops in pesto & hazelnut sauce.3 very small scallops no flavour very disappointing. For main had tuna steak, what a joke that was 2 little excuses for tuna steak about 3" in length overcooked and and as dry as cardboard with a pesto sauce. That was it no veg had to pay extra for that discusting. Complained and managed to get $3 back. Desert triple chocolate mouse was fine. Service slow only 1 waitress for table of 20 + not her fault. But those who had veg bought out before mains shambles. If you want a decent Italian avoid this place save your money its a rip off .

• Visited December 2012
Plymouth
“I won't be back!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

We visited midweek using a groupon.

It was quiet, just 4 other diners. The greeting was friendly, and the menu nice.

We ate scallops to start, a little oily & a small portion but tasty. Then lemon sole in lemon parsley butter, this was greasy fish sat in a puddle of unflavoured butter :( No sides were included so we ordered potoes, they were nice but a little expensive. Deserts of Verne brulee & tiramisu were delightful.

A couple of things really put me off...

The service was terrible, I was interrupted half was through eating my starter to give my groupon for a second time, surely it could've waited till between courses?
My mum still eating, knife & fork spearing a potato in hand when she came to pick the dishes up, I had to point out as she started clearing the she was still eating!!

I also disliked that there was a trolley where all of the dirty plates were left stacked.

Overall, poor value (even with a groupon), so so food and dire service. I won't be going back.

“Best Italian in Town”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place has excellent food and the steak is just fantastic. The menu really delivers and the staff are friendly and obliging.
Try the rioja with a blue cheese steak or the bruchetta, delightful. This is a great central venue to catch a meal after shopping or before the theatre.

Visited November 2012
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Beautiful, lovely cuisine old fashioned service in that you get service”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was my third visit, this time with six friends. Everyone loved their meals . I had scallops beautifully prepared, one of my friends had calamari..the most tender we have ever had no elastic bands!the whole meal was delightful with no one being disappointed from meat to pasta. Theirt tiramisu freshly prepared on the premises is a dessert delight, light but full of flavour.
My only regret for them is that they are not situated somewhere on the Barbican where I am sure you would be having to book a table weeks in advance.
Once again the food and the service was lovely and made our burly night out even more of a pleasure

• Visited December 2012