“Basic room for average price.”
Review of Ibis Plymouth

Ibis Plymouth
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as was on a budget. However there are better places available for not much more money.

However, the location was good. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was basic. Everything was clean and tidy. Service was excellent, so can't complain.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased that you found everything to your satisfaction despite feeling that there were better places to stay.
We hope to welcome you to Ibis Plymouth again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Plymouth

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Ibis this weekend. I paid £110 for a promo room inc breakfast for two nights. It was a very low price so i didn't expect too much. The shower was hot and the double bed was quite large and comfortable. The staff were friendly and the hotel has on site free parking. Other than that i cant really say much else positive about this hotel. Its very hard to find. The sat Nav doesn't take you straight to the hotel (use PL6 8LR). Its very old fashioned resembling a motel rather than hotel. The rooms are definitely in need of decorating and the breakfast is overpriced with not a lot of choice and not all very hot.

Overall i probably would pay a little more and stay somewhere a little more comfortable!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry that you were unhappy with the hotel. it is one of the older Ibis properties but all of our rooms have been completely painted in the last 2 months.
I am sorry you were also unhappy with the breakfast and will look into why the food was not hot enough.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I took advantage of the 20 days in advance booking which made my stay excellent value. I do think the breakfasts are a little overpriced at £7.99 per person. I was travelling with my elderly mother who only eats a bowl of cereals at breakfast, there was no way I was going to pay that amount of money. We ended up going to a large supermarket very close by and having breakfast there. The bed was fabulous. I would definatly use ibis again.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have a Club ACCOR card, so when I need an hotel I always look for one belonging to the group. The closest I found was the IBIS. Note that it is an ex-CAMPANILE.
The hotel is to close to the road and the build is of poor quality, so very noisy.
There is only Wi-Fi in the reception/ bar area, not in the rooms.
The staff is very friendly and the food is of good quality.
Since then, I have been in need of an hotel in the same area for a longer stay. I have looked to book again in IBIS but the price went up and is prohibitive for the quality.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry that you were not entirely happy with the hotel. We do get very busy in the high season but our price is still very competitive and of course if you are able to book in advance there are usually very good rates available on ibishotel.com.
We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights recently and found the hotel to be of good standard. We were happy that the hotel was on the outskirts of the city in a nice quiet industrial area, even though we did hear the cars at night from the very busy road near the hotel. Staff were very pleasant but food was only OK. Overall a good experience and we would choose to stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you to Ibis Plymouth again in the future.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Ideal Postion, Good value
Stayed for two nights, just off main raod but far enough not to be noisey.
Check in was easy and staff helpfull, room was clean and tidy and shower good. Did not use restraurant as visting relitives

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Manager2093, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you again in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel before and find it a good stay. The only thing that I would have liked is your front desk staff have a bit more inform. about the local restaurants etc..
On our last stay receptionist knew a variety of quality restaurants but we forgot their location,
unfortunately no-one was able to help us this time... It would have been nice to get this info
for the first night until we found our feet. Otherwise a very pleasant stay with friendly staff.

Many thanks

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased that you were happy with the hotel. I am sorry that you were less satisfied with the restaurant information available from our team. We will look into improving this situation.
We hope to welcome you back in the future